It is a natural homemade drink and perfect for breakfast or for a snack: here’s how to make grape juice!
Making grape juice at home is very simple . In addition to fruit (you can prepare it with both black and white grapes) you only need lemon, water and sugar and you will have at your sip a liquid that is not only thirst-quenching, but also perfect for making a load of energy and which helps in addition to preventing cellular aging. This homemade fruit juice is perfect for those who want to prepare natural, genuine and preservative-free juices with their hands.
What are you waiting for to get to work? Here is the recipe !
How to make grape juice
Based on your tastes and availability, you can choose both white and black grapes : the process does not change.
- Start by washing the grapes immediately.
- Collect all the beans and place them in a pot with two cups of water, the lemon juice and place on the fire.
- Cook over low heat until the skins are soft . If necessary, add more water during cooking.
- Turn off the heat and mash the berries to collect all the grape juice.
- With the help of a sieve, filter the liquid by dropping it directly into a bowl.
- Add honey or sugar according to your personal taste and mix well so that it dissolves completely.
- Transfer the juice into airtight glass bottles .
- Transfer the bottles to a pot by wrapping them with clean tea towels and place on the fire, bring to a boil and let it simmer for 15 minutes, then turn off the heat and let it cool completely before transferring the juice bottles to the pantry in a cool place.
Before serving, you can add a little water according to your taste.
The juice prepared following this recipe can be stored in a cool, dry place for a couple of months .
The properties of grape juice
Grape juice is an excellent antioxidant thanks to the presence of resveratrol, assisted by the presence of antiocyanins, which help fight free radicals.
It also stimulates metabolism and liver function, and is mainly composed of minerals and vitamins.
In addition to its antioxidant power, it is also a good anti-inflammatory, helps to keep cholesterol controlled and to purify the liver of toxins and excess fluids.
Being a precious energy source, it is often recommended to athletes to recover from workouts, to increase the energizing power you can also think of adding a teaspoon of acacia or wildflower honey. It is also indicated in a particular stressful period .
Where to buy grape juice
If you don’t have time to prepare it at home, know that given its fame, grape juice is now prepared industrially by many realities and companies. You can find it online but also in the most well-stocked shopping centers . The only care we recommend you have if you don’t have time to prepare it at home? Pay attention to the ingredients! Look for a grape juice with few elements, clear and without preservatives and flavors.
The one made at home can be stored in the refrigerator or in a cool and dry place for several weeks if closed correctly with sterilized bottles and vacuum-sealed. Once opened, transfer it to the refrigerator and consume it within about 2 days . We do not recommend freezing in the freezer so as not to risk losing all its properties.
If you liked this recipe and you love smoothies , I suggest you also try the one to prepare grape and kiwi juice .