Homemade Sardinian ricotta sandwiches: a sun-colored bread
You must absolutely try the sandwiches filled with Sardinian ricotta, a golden yellow bread that is good on its own as well as stuffed.
The first aspect that catches the eye when you have Sardinian ricotta sandwiches on your hands is their intense yellow color . The dough in fact involves the addition, as in many Sardinian recipes, of a small dose of saffron which combined with the flavor of sheep’s milk ricotta creates a delicious dish. True, calling it flat seems like an exaggeration, but soft ricotta sandwiches are so good that you don’t need an accompaniment .
The origin of this typical product is not known but, as it is easy to guess, it was born from the need to use what this magnificent land had to offer. Given the strong herding tradition, the idea of adding sheep’s milk ricotta to the bread dough would sooner or later come to someone. Also known as panini de arrascottu, they are among the favorite quick snacks for children and if you are really greedy, try stuffing them with jam, cheese or cold cuts. You will feel what a delight!
How to prepare the Sardinian ricotta sandwiches recipe
- Combine the flour, saffron and sugar in a bowl and mix quickly.
- Dissolve the happy in the warm milk and mix it into the flour then add the ricotta left to drain from the whey at room temperature for an hour. Knead by hand or in the mixer fitted with a hook and, only towards the end, add the salt.
- Once you have a smooth dough, let it rise in a bowl covered with film for 2 hours in the oven off with the light on.
- Then divide the dough into 8-10 equal parts and knead each ball with your hands.
- Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and leave to rise for an hour. We also recommend this time the oven turned off with the light on.
- Then sprinkle the surface with flour and cook at 220 ° C for 30 minutes.
- Let them cool before serving.
If you liked this Sardinian recipe, we suggest you try another one made with the same ingredients but in a sweet version: the pardulas .
Cottage cheese rolls keep in a paper bag for 2-3 days . We advise you to reheat them in the oven before consuming them.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Have you ever made pasta with courgette flowers?
Simple and quick, pasta with courgette flowers is a truly delicious first course. Let's find out together how to prepare...
Grilled swordfish: here’s how to cook it without making mistakes
Here is the recipe for grilled swordfish, a delicious second course full of flavors and aromas. Today we are preparing...
Impossible to resist the cherry strudel
There is nothing better than a cherry strudel to round off the evening. Serve it with a scoop of ice...
Delicious turmeric and zucchini risotto
Today we're preparing turmeric and zucchini risotto, a first course listed among the gluten-free recipes par excellence: delicious! Who doesn't...
ASMR: what it is and how it manages to reconcile sleep and relaxation
ASMR is a phenomenon that has spread more and more in recent years and which consists of watching but, above...
Health2 months ago
Picacism: what it is, how to recognize it and what are the risks
Fashion2 months ago
Essential and sexy: the new must have for s/s 2023 is the body, an alternative to the mini dress
Recipes2 months ago
Rice balls, an ancient easy Ragusan recipe with photos and videos to prepare them
Recipes2 months ago
Calabrian sardella: what it is and how to prepare the typical spicy sauce