The vegan pandoro is the butter and milk free alternative to the typical Christmas cake, suitable for those who follow a diet free of animal derivatives.
Christmas is upon us. Let’s find out together one of the most delicious vegan recipes to amaze guests with a particular Christmas dessert: the vegan pandoro. It is an easy recipe that will allow you to prepare a very soft and delicious vegan pandoro directly at home . The final result will be amazing and you can enjoy a delicious homemade pandoro without butter and milk. So let’s see how to make one of the most delicious sweet vegan recipes for the Christmas period .
Preparation of the vegan pandoro recipe
- First of all prepare the leavening. In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in 20 ml of warm rice milk and water. Continue adding 10 g of sugar and mix well.
- After a few minutes of rest, in another bowl, add 90 g of Manitoba flour and 20 g of potato starch, adding the previous mixture with the yeast. The dough must be quite liquid and must be left to rest , covered, for 1 hour in a warm environment.
- Now proceed with the preparation of the dough. In the same bowl mix 40 g of sugar, leaven, 20 g of margarine (already dissolved) and 50 ml of warm milk (to which turmeric is added).
- After mixing carefully, add 160 g of flour and 20 g of starch. When the dough has the shape of a smooth dough , leave it to rest for another hour.
- Now move on to the preparation of the second dough. Add the other ingredients to the first mixture: 90 g of sugar, 100 ml of milk and salt. After having worked everything, add 190 g of flour and 35 g of starch and continue to mix everything.
- The final result must be a very homogeneous and smooth dough that must rest for 1 hour.
- After that, roll out the dough on a previously floured flat surface. Give it a square shape and stir in 130 g of margarine which must be cold.
- Proceed by closing the dough on itself starting from the corners and going towards the central part. Press lightly with your hands without letting the margarine come out. Continue the peeling by making a three-fold.
- After the procedure, keep the dough in the fridge wrapped in cling film for 30 minutes.
- Next, work the mixture until it reaches a spherical shape. Take the mold, the sides and the bottom of which must be sprinkled with margarine, and place your dough inside in the shape of a sphere.
- Cover with cling film and wait for it to rise , which should last 10 hours in a warm and dry place.
- Place in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 10-15 minutes . Then, lower the oven to 160 ° C and let it cook for another 40 minutes.
- After cooking, let it cool. Your soft and fluffy vegan pandoro is ready to taste.
Store the vegan pandoro in a food container or bag. Consume within 3 days.
If, on the other hand, you want to try to make another typical Christmas recipe always free of animal derivatives, here is the recipe for vegan panettone.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...
Have you ever heard of lemon salad?
If you are looking for a light side dish to accompany your richer main courses, the lemon salad is the...
Wheat: why it forms and how to fix it
The wheal is an allergic type manifestation typical of urticaria. Find out how it comes, what it depends on and...