Enough with the usual and monotonous sandwiches, we prepare a tasty and crunchy potato toast at home, with a soft dough and a stringy filling.
Tired of the usual toast? From today, history changes and the revolution takes place right in your kitchens. There are many recipes to make a simple sandwich special and making them at home is nothing complicated. On this occasion, let’s find out how to make potato toast, which turns out to be as tasty as it is crunchy . That’s right, the bread dough is made with flour and little else, including soft potatoes . After preparing it, all you have to do is stuff and cook everything together. Our proposal – or the tastiest one there is – involves the addition of ham and slices, for a creamy stringy filling .
If you’re already watering, let’s get down to business!
Preparing the recipe for potato toast
- The first thing to do is to boil the potatoes . Cook them in salted water, after having peeled them.
- When they are still hot, mash them with the special tool and put them in a bowl.
- Wait for them to cool and then add the flour , the instant yeast for savory preparations, 1 egg and the oil , slowly .
- Put a pinch of salt and knead to mix everything.
- When the mixture appears homogeneous, spread it on a sheet of baking paper, to create a sheet of about 1 cm thick.
- Cut it into 8 squares .
- On half of them, put a slice of ham and a thin slice or a slice of cheese. Cover each with one of the four remaining squares.
- Heat a pan with a drizzle of oil and cook the toast, about 7 minutes per side .
The stringy potato toasts are great to serve for a dinner with friends or a rich snack. Don’t forget to serve them hot. If you don’t eat all the toast right away, you can keep it in a paper bag and place them in an airtight container for up to 1 day .
If you are a lover of these easy-to-make sandwiches, choose your favorite from the many savory toast recipes .