Spiced and covered in a mouthwatering chocolate glaze, German Christmas cookies also known as lebkuchen are perfect as a gourmet treat.
Outside the national borders it is really difficult to find recipes that can stand up to the comparison with pandoro and panettone. Take Germany for example: one of the most famous Christmas recipes is German Christmas cookies, spiced beyond belief and covered with a chocolate glaze . Nothing to object to this simplicity: indeed!
German Christmas cookies or lebkuchen are really simple to prepare and, thanks to their particular spicy note, they lend themselves very well as a gastronomic gift . Put them in the classic transparent bags or in a beautiful tin box and you will make a great impression. But let’s get to the actual recipe, we know that you are no longer in the skin!
How to prepare the recipe for German Christmas cookies
- Combine all the flours , baking soda , spices , lemon zest , rum and sugar in a bowl and mix quickly.
- Separately, work the honey and butter together before adding them to the dough.
- Incorporate the egg and finish kneading with your hands until you get a dough.
- Wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for 12 hours . In this way all the flavors of spices will spread, giving you amazing cookies.
- After the resting time, roll out the pastry to 1 cm thick .
- With a pastry cutter, make the biscuits and as they are ready place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook them at 180 ° C for 15 minutes, making sure they do not burn.
- Once ready and cold you can proceed with the icing. Melt the dark chocolate in a double boiler and, once at room temperature, just dip the top of the biscuits.
- Let them dry on parchment paper before placing them in a box.
German Christmas sweets are really special. If you liked this recipe then we suggest you also try the variant, always very spicy, typical Swedish: pepparkakor .
You can keep your lebkuchen in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks : they will keep as freshly made indeed, the beauty of these cookies is that the more time passes, the better they are.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
To the north of Italy with the delicious Piedmontese mixed fried fish!
Suitable as a main course or as a single dish, this is what must not be missing in the original...
Vegan and sugar-free chestnuts: the recipe for everyone
The vegan and sugar-free castagnaccio is a reinterpretation of the traditional recipe that makes this dessert suitable for everyone and...
Respiratory insufficiency: how to recognize it and what to do when it occurs
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is unable to maintain the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing the...
Christmas appetizers: the best recipes to bring to the table during the holidays
Delicious Christmas appetizers? Meat, fish, vegetables, hot and cold, we have something for all tastes: here are the recipes for...
Mulled wine, the super fragrant drink that warms up the coldest days
Ingredients and recipe for mulled wine, a very easy drink to make, very fragrant and perfect to serve on the...
Fashion1 week ago
The trends of summer 2022 that will be impossible to resist: fashion revival, bright colors and romantic laces
Health1 week ago
Cholinergic urticaria: what it is, how to recognize it and how to treat it
Fashion1 week ago
Old Money Style: the look of the American way of life goes crazy on Tik Tok
Recipes1 week ago
Homemade, fragrant and delicious: but it’s the olive bread!