You can choose the filling to your liking but, in any way, the stuffed mozzarella is simply delicious. Here’s how to prepare it for a quick lunch or dinner.
Many times, it is simplicity itself that conquers. This also happens with the preparation of tomato-filled mozzarella – and more. It is a fresh and easy to make appetizer, because you only need simple ingredients. The versatility of this recipe lies in its filling. You can simply flavor it with oil, oregano and basil or enrich it with more ingredients . From olives to tuna, from capers to ham cubes, everything can fit into this delicious stuffed mozzarella. Let’s follow how to make it in a few simple steps!
Preparation of the recipe for stuffed mozzarella
- To begin, arrange the mozzarella on a work surface. Cut the cap , i.e. the upper part, from each one and set it aside.
- Dig the inside of the mozzarella and cut into cubes what you get. Place them with the hollow facing down , in a colander, to drain the excess liquid.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and cut them into small pieces. Put them in a bowl, adding the diced mozzarella (previously set aside).
- Season with olive oil and salt (to taste) and add the capers. Break some basil leaves and add them to the rest as well.
- With a spoon, take a little of this filling, at a time, and use it to fill the mozzarella. Serve and serve.
For this recipe, fior di latte mozzarella is suitable, which is the most common you can buy. If you prefer a more consistent and tasty product, however, you can also make a stuffed buffalo mozzarella.
Stuffed with everything you want, this stuffed mozzarella is suitable to accompany any lunch or dinner, as an appetizer. If you have a certain amount left over, you can keep it in the fridge for up to 1 day , covered with cling film or closed in an airtight container.
An equally fresh and simple first course, made with the same ingredients, is pasta with cherry tomatoes and mozzarella .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...