In order to lose weight, it is not necessary to run, you just need to walk a lot (and at a fast pace). Let’s see what rules to follow to lose weight walking.
People often decide to go running to lose weight. However, it is very common to give up because it’s too tiring or we do not have time. Did you know you can also lose weight by walking? You just need to do it in the right way.
Obviously, it is not enough to go shopping to lose weight. You need to walk at a brisk pace for at least 30 minutes per day, even if it would be better do it for at least an hour a day.
The ideal is to walk outdoor, in a park, in the countryside or near the sea. However, the most important thing is perseverance. Let’s see some rules to follow to get results.
How to lose weight by walking: a weight loss program
Let’s start from a fundamental premise: it is definitely possible to lose weight by walking 1 hour a day (or half an hour), but this will not happen if you do not follow a correct diet. First of all, you should eliminate alcohol, fried foods, soft drinks and sweets, and then reduce the intake of sugars and saturated fats. In any case, ask your nutritionist or a dietician to understand which diet to follow.
Once done, you can start to work out. But how? The best idea is to create a constant and progressive program, divided into three or four workouts. Let’s see an example in order to understand how many steps a day you need to do, and for how long:
• First week: for the first week, you have three daily workouts: 20 minutes of walking, alternating 5 minutes at a brisk pace and 5 at a normal pace.
• Second week: do not change anything, if not that the 5 minutes begin to increase, becoming 6/7.
• Third week: three workouts, but this time you will have a 10-minute brisk walk, 2 of normal pace and again 10 of brisk pace.
• Fourth week: during the last week of the first month of training, you stop walking at a slow pace. You will have to follow 3 workouts of 20-minute brisk pace walkings.
This program can be also maintained for five weeks. After that, you should increase the time or add a fourth 20 minute workout. At the 12th week, the ideal workout would consist of 4 sessions of brisk walking of 30 minutes.
Once you have finished the 12th week, you need to stay dedicated. Moreover, if you want to and you have time, you can also gradually make each session last longer (maybe 2 minutes more a week).
Of course, you can lose weight by only walking 30 minutes per day. However, by reducing your workouts you’ll have to wait longer for the results. Even in this case, divide your workouts and try to walk at a brisk pace gradually, and once done, keep the rhythm.
Burn calories by walking: advice to follow
Let’s learn a few tips for a correct workout and some small secrets to make the sessions light and fun:
• First, choose the right time: someone believes it is ideal to walk in the morning. However, it is also good in the evening, after work or dinner. The important thing is that you do not have to stress out finding the time.
• It is better to walk with your friend: time passes faster! Moreover, chatting with someone is a great way to understand if your pace is right.
• No one to keep you company? Bring your headphones and listen to your favorite music. Beware of obstacles!
• In order to stimulate all your body muscles, walk on flat and rise streets.
• When walking, rhythmically move your arms forwards and backwards.
• If you are on holiday by the sea, walk barefoot in the water, near the shore. It will improve your circulation and defeat cellulite.
• Your pace must be fast and brisk, with short steps.
• It is very important to put your feet in the correct way: first the heel and then the plant.
• When you are enough trained, alternate a few minutes of running with some walking.
• Try to walk at least three times a week. When you can not, go to work on foot and choose the stairs instead of the elevator.
PHOTO SOURCE: https://pixabay.com/it/persona-a-piedi-citt%C3%A0-strada-731281/, https://pixabay.com/it/a-piedi-percorso-piedi-sentiero-2635038/
Nicoletta Chiara Romano