When it comes to quick first courses we must also remember the pumpkin and pancetta pasta, autumnal and very tasty, perfect for family dinners.
Although pumpkin is a very versatile ingredient, not everyone likes the idea of using it in recipes because of its sweet taste. This is why we decided to prepare pumpkin and pancetta pasta, a tasty first course where the sweetness of the pumpkin is supported by the flavor and smoky scent of the pancetta. To complete the dish and make it truly irresistible there is a sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese and a grinding of black pepper .
Preparing pumpkin and pancetta pasta is really very simple and quick, since it is one of those recipes where the sauce is ready in the cooking time of the pasta. For this to be possible, follow us in the preparation and let yourself be amazed by the goodness of this first course.
How to prepare the recipe for pasta with pumpkin and bacon
- First, cut the peeled pumpkin into half a centimeter cubes and set aside.
- Finely chop the onion as well .
- Cook the pasta in abundant salted water for the time indicated on the package.
- Meanwhile, brown the onion in the oil together with the bacon .
- After a couple of minutes add the pumpkin , scented with bay leaves , sage and rosemary and cook over medium heat for about ten minutes, until the pulp is tender but still compact.
- Drain the pasta, toss it in a pan with the sauce and flavor with a grind of black pepper .
- Distribute the pasta on the plates and complete with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese .
Pumpkin and pancetta pasta can be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of days in an airtight container. We recommend that you reheat it in a pan or microwave before consuming it.