Preparing the tastasal risotto is really simple, but the recipe is slightly different from the more traditional ones. Let’s find out together!
Risotto with tastasal is a typical Veneto dish , to be precise, from the Verona area. It was born far back in time when families used to come together to kill the pig, a real day of celebration for those who lived in hardship almost all year round. Tastasal, a dialect word that means to taste of salt , is nothing more than the mixture of fresh salami . A sort of minced meat (but don’t do it with minced meat or it will be something else), flavored with plenty of salt, pepper and spices, such as cloves, garlic and rosemary.
By tasting the tastasal then the mother of the family was able to understand if the meat was seasoned to the right point and to be able to proceed with the preparation of the sausages . Today risotto with tastasal is little known, thanks to the fact that it is not always easy to find fresh salami pasta in supermarkets. But if it happens to you, try it because it is truly irresistible!
How to prepare the recipe for risotto al Tastasal di Verona
- First bring the broth to a boil, then add the rice and cook over low heat.
- Separately, in a pan, brown the finely chopped onion with the butter and rosemary .
- Once browned onion, remove the rosemary and add the tastasal, rosolandolo evenly.
- Add the white wine and once all the alcohol has evaporated, turn off.
- Add the tastasal to the rice after about 12 minutes of cooking, cover and turn off the heat. We recommend that you also cover the pot with a cloth so as to limit the dispersion of vapors and allow the rice to continue cooking.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Perfume with the Grana Padano , a sprinkle of cinnamon and mix.
- Serve the tastasal with the original recipe piping hot.
Risotto, especially this variant, is really quick to prepare. If you are looking for other ideas of this type, our section of quick first courses is the one for you.
As with all risotto recipes, tastasal is also good freshly made. However, if you have any leftovers, you can keep it in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days and then reheat it in a pan or microwave.