If you are looking for a first course that everyone likes and that can also be prepared in advance, the pizzaiola crepes are the right recipe!
It is useless to argue here: anything prepared with pizzaiola is delicious. The flavor of tomato and oregano combined with the melt-in-your- mouth mozzarella will make anyone fall at your feet. So imagine preparing pizzaiola crepes, a perfect first course for dinners with family or friends, and that you can also prepare in advance.
The starting point is the classic crepes but no one forbids you to prepare them in the gluten-free variant, while for the filling we used tomato and mozzarella . As with all these recipes, it is impossible to do without béchamel . We put some in the filling while the rest to cover the crepes. Mouth-watering!
How to prepare the pizzaiola crepes recipe
- First prepare the batter for the crepes. Break the eggs into a bowl, add the milk and a pinch of salt and mix quickly with a whisk.
- Then stir in the flour , making sure that there are no lumps, and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the onion and brown it in a pan with a drop of oil and a pinch of salt which helps release the juices.
- As soon as it is tender and transparent, add the tomato puree and cook for 15-20 minutes, the time necessary for it to shrink.
- Finally, once ready, season with salt and flavor with oregano .
- After the rest time of the batter, heat a non-stick pan with a diameter of 22 cm.
- Oil it or lightly grease it with butter and pour a ladle of batter , then swirling the pan to form an even layer that covers the entire base.
- As soon as the edges begin to rise, turn it over and continue cooking on the other side for a minute.
- Once the batter is finished, you can proceed with the filling . Spread a spoonful of tomato sauce on each crepes, then cover with a spoonful of bechamel .
- Distribute the mozzarella cut into small pieces and folded into packets. If you want you can further enrich the filling with slices of cooked ham.
- Spread a thin layer of béchamel and a little sauce on the bottom of a pan suitable for cooking in the oven then lay the crepes.
- Cover with béchamel and sauce, place a few slices of mozzarella and bake at 200 ° C grill mode for 15 minutes.
Serve the crespelle alla pizzaiola hot so that the mozzarella remains nice and stringy . If you want you can also prepare them in advance of a few hours or half a day and bake them at the last moment. Then nobody forbids you to prepare your crepes with two different fillings. We suggest thosericotta and spinach , everyone always likes them!
The pizzaiola crepes can be kept in the refrigerator , well covered, for a couple of days. We advise you to heat them in the oven for a few minutes before consuming them.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison