Let’s see how to eliminate dark circles once and for all, with the help of natural compresses and ancient remedies of the grandmother.
If you often need specific concealers and foundations to cover dark circles with make-up, to eliminate them at the base you can also resort to natural and less invasive treatments . Most often these are “grandmother’s remedies”, relaxing and refreshing compresses that help reduce the non-aesthetic black circles. In most cases, these are compresses with ingredients that we all have at home, such as chamomile and milk, cheap and free of side effects. Let’s see how to eliminate dark circles in a natural way!
How to remove dark circles: grandma’s remedies
– Chamomile infusion. Chamomile has soothing and decongestant properties. Make a very concentrated infusion (two tablespoons of flower heads or two sachets for a cup of water), let it cool and then use it to wet the cotton disks, to be kept on the eyes for about ten minutes.
– Tea bags. Tea is also decongestant, especially green tea. After using the sachets to make an infusion, put them in the refrigerator for a few minutes and then use them on the eyes, like a compress.
– Potatoes. Cut a potato into slices, wrap them in cheesecloth and put them on the eyes. Keep the compress on for about twenty minutes.
– Cucumbers. Cucumber slices are perhaps the most famous dark circles remedy. Store the cucumber in the refrigerator, then cut it into slices and keep the latter on the eyes for about ten minutes.
– Milk. Cold milk is decongestant and moisturizing. Wet two cotton pads in the milk, squeeze them slightly and put them on the eyes for a few minutes.
– Rose water and cornflower. Rose water and cornflower are excellent not only for deflating bags, but also for soothing puffy eyes. Use them together or individually to wet two cotton disks, to be put on the eyes.
– Cold spoons. The most effective grandmother’s remedy to lighten dark circles and deflate dark circles is to put cold spoons under the eyes. Leave them in the fridge for a whole night and use them in the morning.
How to reduce dark circles and what to pay attention to
Of course, you cannot be sure that with these natural and do-it-yourself remedies you can completely remove dark circles, as well as for other non-natural solutions. To think about eliminating or reducing them, one must adopt a healthy vision style and a correct diet at the same time .
In particular, here are the precautions to be taken and what to pay attention to:
– Sleep a lot . Obviously, in order not to make dark circles appear, you need to sleep a lot, about 7/8 hours a night, to have your body rested.
– Sleep with your head slightly raised . To avoid a stagnation of blood right on the lower area of the eyes, a little trick is to have a pillow (or even two) that allows the head to remain raised.
– Cleanse . It is important to daily and gently pass the affected part under the eyes with cleansing products.
– Eye cream . Often passing a cream indicated for the eye area will give perfect hydration. As well as sunscreen when exposed to the sun.
– Maintain a balanced diet rich in vitamins and antioxidants, such as vitamin C.
– Avoid smoking and stress . These two factors can make the difference to reduce or eliminate dark circles.
ultimo aggiornamento: 21-05-2020