Dandruff is not only unaesthetic, but can also cause a number of problems. That’s why we have to resort as soon as possible to natural remedies to fight it!
Dandruff is a result of seborrhea. This phenomenon occurs when sebaceous glands produce too much sebum, causing greasy and heavy hair. There are several causes, such as a poor diet, digestive disorders, anxiety or stress. It can also be caused by incorrect treatments.
Dandruff results in grey and whitish flaking, either in specific areas or on the entire scalp. In some severe cases, the anti-dandruff shampoo can be ineffective. Before resorting to specific treatments to resolve the problem, we can try natural remedies. Let’s find out how!
How to get rid of dandruff: 5 natural remedies
1. Lemon juice and olive oil. A homemade compress is easy to prepare, and lemon juice together with olive oil can help to free your skin from dandruff flakes and to moisturize and nourish the hair. Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of water. Use the mask before the shampoo and leave it act for about 30 minutes on damp hair.
2. Aloe vera. The aloe vera gel can be useful. It helps to eliminate dandruff permanently in a few days. It should be applied before washing your hair and let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
3. Vinegar. We always have apple cider or wine vinegar in our kitchens. Vinegar can also help fighting dandruff. Use it as a compress before you wash your hair and let sit for about 1 hour.
4. Flax seed oil. This remedy is natural and effective. A few drops on the scalp may help solve the problem, relieving burnings and itchings. It is also great to obtain shinier and healthier hair. This oil can be easily found in the organic food products shops.
5. Beet. One of the most effective grandma’s old remedies to permanently remove dandruff, is beet compresses. Boil beet flowers and roots in a little water. Apply on the scalp before going to bed.
Photo source: https://pixabay.com/it/capelli-rosa-acconciatura-donne-1450045/
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...