Each bite will be an explosion of flavor, thanks to the perfect combination of hummus and crunchy vegetables in our vegan sandwich!
Following a vegan diet does not mean giving up, quite the opposite! Approaching this type of diet, free of animal derivatives, allows us to experiment with new flavors and new combinations . Especially in the early days it was driven by a great curiosity, but one could also clash with “shortcomings”. That’s why today we see how to prepare the vegan sandwich.
When we talk about sandwiches we immediately think of rich cheese and cold cuts, but today we are experimenting with a new combination of flavors by creating a vegan sandwich with vegetables and beetroot hummus.
How to make the vegan sandwich
- First you need to prepare the beetroot hummus . The fastest way to prepare it is to use a Thermomix-type food processor. Put the chickpeas, beets, tahini sauce, lemon juice, cumin and a tablespoon of oil in the jug.
- Blend until you get a smooth cream which you will eventually add salt to.
- Let’s now dedicate ourselves to the preparation of vegetables. We have chosen raw vegetables , but your vegan sandwich will also be excellent with grilled ones. Clean the carrots , remove the ends and cut them into julienne strips. If you are not familiar with the knife, use a grater with large holes.
- Also wash the tomato and cucumber and slice them into 2 mm slices.
- Then marinate the vegetables with oil, salt, lemon and a little pepper.
- Now spread a little beetroot hummus on a slice of bread.
- Arrange the vegetables in layers, complete with sprouts and close with another slice of bread.
- If you like, for a more crunchy texture, you can toast the sandwich bread in a pan for a few minutes before proceeding with the assembly.
For another really delicious vegan sandwich try the pairing of grilled vegetables and hummus with dried tomatoes .
These sandwiches can also be stored for a day in the refrigerator, well wrapped in cling film. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.