When you are in the mood for something appetizing, the English sandwich is perfect: here’s how to make a classic club sandwich.
Since time immemorial, the club sandwich has been considered one of the most successful dishes in English cuisine. The combination of ingredients made this sandwich truly one of a kind. The club sandwich is well known all over the world, and there are many variations, with avocado, mango, olives, cheeses, ham and much more. The only constant is the fact that the club sandwich never has less than three layers, properly topped . The original recipe calls for the use, for the classic club sandwich, of ingredients such as chicken (or turkey), bacon, lettuce, tomatoes and various sauces.
Preparation of the club sandwich
- To make your club sandwich, you first need to cook the meat. You can choose between turkey or chicken, and prepare them as you like: the ideal is to cook them on a hot, lightly oiled grill.
- Brown the bacon slices in a pan without adding any other fat.
- Wash the romaine lettuce and tomatoes. Cut the lettuce into strips and the copper tomatoes into slices.
- On a non-stick pan, heat the sliced bread (removing the darker part, i.e. the edges).
- Divide each slice into two triangles, and spread with mayonnaise and mustard, alternating at least three layers of bread .
- Stuff with the chicken or turkey , bacon, lettuce, tomato and then close the triple (or quadruple) sandwich with a skewer, to prevent it from opening before being consumed.
- Serve your classic English club sandwich before it cools down.
This stuffed sandwich, indeed super stuffed, should be enjoyed at the moment . At most you can leave it in the refrigerator for a few hours before tasting it and this is because the tomato cut inside tends to sour over the hours. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...