How to make soft and crunchy gnocchi alla romana: quick and worry-free preparation with a few simple ingredients.
There are many doubts about the origin of gnocchi alla romana, some say that they derive precisely from Roman cuisine, characterized by poor and simple ingredients, others think that they originate from Piedmont or Lombardy, due to the use of butter in a decidedly important way . In any case, they are a simple and slightly retro dish that reminds us of our grandmother , but they are certainly very tasty and nutritious. Here’s how to make gnocchi alla romana.
P reparation of gnocchi alla romana with general recipe
- To prepare your Roman-style gnocchi, heat the milk in a saucepan with a knob of butter, a pinch of salt and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil then pour in the semolina, stirring continuously with a whisk to avoid the formation of lumps.
- Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove from the heat and add 2/3 of the grated cheese and the two egg yolks to the mixture (vigorously and with a hand whisk).
- Pour the mixture onto a shelf and level it with a moistened knife until you get a thickness of just over 1 cm, then let it cool and then transfer the semolina to the refrigerator so that it becomes firm as it should.
- Obtain many discs with a small glass or a cup that you will place in a greased pan , making them overlap a little one on the other. Roll out the leftover dough again to get more gnocchi.
- Sprinkle the gnocchi with the remaining Parmesan, melt the butter and pour it over the gnocchi, bake in a hot oven at 200 ° C for 20-25 minutes , until a nice golden crust forms.
- Serve your gnocchi alla romana very hot, from the same cooking container.
And if you liked them, also try the classic gnocchi recipe, to be seasoned as you like!
Roman-style semolina gnocchi can be stored in the refrigerator for about 2 days , closed in a special container for food. If you have used all fresh ingredients you can freeze them in the freezer raw, in the pan and already seasoned with cheese and butter so that in a moment they go into the oven.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe