If you are looking for a simple but tasty recipe to bring to the table, the stew with artichokes is the right recipe for you.
Today we intend to offer you a simple recipe, perfect to take out when you do n’t know what to cook for dinner : stew with artichokes. We have prepared it with veal , so as to be sure that even after cooking it remains tender, but it can also be made with beef or, for a lighter and faster version, with chicken .
This second course of meat lends itself to different variations . For example, there are those who love to prepare it by adding potatoes or peas and those who still cook it in a pressure cooker . We will see all these preparations so as to give you the possibility to customize your veal stew with artichokes according to your tastes. Trust me, it’s a simple recipe that everyone can successfully prepare!
How to prepare the recipe for stew with artichokes
- First, dedicate yourself to the beef stew. If you take the whole piece of meat, cut it into pieces of about 2 cm per side, otherwise skip this step.
- Flour the meat well on all sides and set aside.
- In a pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil and the butter , add the chopped onion with a knife and a pinch of salt and let it fry.
- Then add the meat and brown it over medium heat on all sides, so as to seal it.
- Add the white wine and when you no longer smell alcohol, add the broth (or water) and start cooking. It will take an hour and a half before it is ready.
- In the meantime, you can devote yourself to artichokes . Clean them by removing the final part of the stem, the outermost layer of leaves and the tips. Divide them in half so as to also remove the internal goatee and then divide them into wedges.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan with the garlic clove.
- Add the artichokes , salt and pepper and brown for a couple of minutes.
- Cook by adding half a glass of water . This will take approximately 15 minutes.
- Once ready, turn off and set aside.
- Add the artichokes in the pot to get your veal morsels with artichokes only at the end of cooking, when there are about ten minutes left.
- Serve hot with a side dish of your choice: both polenta and mashed potatoes are excellent.
Instead, to prepare the stew with artichokes and potatoes you have to proceed as follows. Peel the potatoes , cut them approximately the same size as the meat and add them to the pan immediately after browning the meat. Pour 1 glass of water or broth instead of half and cook. If it gets too dry, you can always add more liquid a little at a time. For the variant with peas, on the other hand, we advise you to cook the latter together with the artichokes and then continue as per the recipe.
In all cases, we recommend that you also try our veal stew : it’s really tasty!
Stew with artichokes in a pressure cooker: an easy second course
Beef stew is a really tasty second course, but not really quick to prepare. So what would you say if we told you that you can prepare the stew with artichokes in a pressure cooker? The process is similar, but cooking times will be halved .
As per recipe, brown the chopped onion in oil and butter . Add the floured morsels and brown them for a few moments before blending with the white wine . Pour in the broth , a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper and close the pressure cooker. Put the flame on high and as soon as it starts to whistle lower it to the minimum, calculating 20 minutes of cooking from this moment.
Then turn off the heat, let it breathe and open to add the cleaned artichokes cut into wedges. Close and cook for 10 minutes from the whistle. If the sauce is too liquid when cooked, let it thicken without a lid.
The stew with artichokes can be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of days. Serve it by heating it briefly in a pan.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...