Preparing the berlingozzo is really simple and allows you to take a dip in the Tuscan carnival tradition with a non-fried dessert.
Among the less known Carnival recipes there is one belonging to the Tuscan tradition. We are talking about berlingozzo, a donut prepared with simple and genuine ingredients , certainly already present in your pantries. This baked cake owes its name to a fifteenth-century mask which, in turn, takes its name from berlingaccio , meaning Shrove Thursday.
The Florentine berlingozzo is perfect if you are looking for an easy-to-prepare dessert that symbolizes the holiday but at the same time is perfect for breakfast and as a snack. Let’s face it, we really needed a carnival dessert that wasn’t fried and the fact that this has also been included among the Traditional Agri-food Products should be a further incentive to try it. Here’s how it is prepared with the simple recipe.
How to prepare berlingozzo with the original recipe
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the egg yolks and sugar and whisk with an electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Scented with the grated zest of the two citrus fruits (some use aniseed liqueur) and add the oil, always with the whips in action.
- Finally, add the sifted flour with the baking powder, stirring gently from the bottom up to avoid disassembling the mixture.
- Grease and flour a donut mold of about 22-24 cm in diameter and pour the dough.
- Bake in the oven at 180 ° C for 30 minutes .
- Meanwhile, squeeze the orange and heat the juice in a pan 2 tablespoons of sugar to obtain a syrup.
- Once the cake is ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool before removing it from the mold and sprinkle the surface with the syrup.
- Decorate with colored sprinkles or with a sprinkling of icing sugar.
Among other things, this typical product is prepared with the same ingredients as the brigidini from Lamporecchio . Singular, right?
The berlingozzo can be kept under a cake bell for 3-4 days. We advise against freezing it.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Pasta with eggplant and provolone: we prepare an easy and tasty first course
Pasta with eggplant and provolone is perfect for those looking for delicious pasta recipes to be prepared with vegetables. Here's...
Homemade nougat of the dead: as good as that of pastry
Perfect as a gift but also excellent as a meal, nougat of the dead is a typical Neapolitan dessert from...
Comfy and vintage on the beach: the revenge of the high-waisted bikini
The nostalgia effect can also be felt on the beach, with the return of high-waisted bikinis that slender and pamper...
Delicious recipe of Philadelphia pasta and tuna: it is a real ace in the hole
Philadelphia and tuna pasta is a quick and easy to prepare first course. Here are the secrets of this delicious...
Properties of green clay: here are the most important
Not everyone knows the many properties of green clay. Here are the most important and really worth knowing. The properties...
Recipes7 days ago
Zucchini and stracchino pasta, the first creamy and tasty
Beauty1 week ago
Hairstyles for 18 years: some ideas to draw inspiration from
Beauty1 week ago
Loose hair hairstyles, the key word? Leave the foliage free
Fashion1 week ago
From the pre-collections s / s 2023, the trends to steal from men’s fashion to be anticipated already this summer