The fregnacce are a type of pasta similar to maltagliati that gives its best seasoned Sabinese. Here is the recipe to prepare them.
The fregnacce are a typical pasta shape of the Sabinese area, the territory that roughly includes the province of Rieti , and in shape it recalls the maltagliati. They have very ancient origins and the first recipes involved the preparation of shit only with water and flour . Over time the recipe has become more and more refined and today it is customary to prepare them with eggs. To be precise, the right proportion is 300 g of flour, one egg and two egg whites.
Even the seasoning of the fregnacce has been gradually enriched, passing from simple garlic, oil and chilli to the richer but still rustic based on mushrooms, black olives and marjoram. We are talking, in this case, of the famous Sabinese fregnacce, the most popular typical recipe in the trattorias of the area. However, there are different ways to season shit and no one forbids you to experiment with new ones.
How to prepare the recipe for shit
- First prepare the pasta. Gather the flour in a bowl, form a well and place the egg and egg whites in the center. Knead first with a fork and then by hand to obtain a smooth dough.
- Roll it out with a rolling pin until it reaches a couple of millimeters thick and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- With a pasta cutter, cut strips about 3 cm wide and then cut into lozenges with oblique cuts. Alternatively, you can also make simple noodles by rolling the dough and then reducing it to slices.
- Now that the pasta is ready you can devote yourself to the sauce: in a large pan heat the oil with the crushed garlic and chilli .
- Once it is all seasoned for a couple of minutes, add the black olives and sliced mushrooms .
- Season with salt and pepper then add the tomato sauce and flavor with marjoram .
- Cook for 15 minutes, just long enough for the sauce to thicken.
- Then boil the pasta in abundant salted water for a very short time: as soon as it comes to the surface, drain it with a slotted spoon and toss it in a pan with the sauce.
- Serve the shit Sabinese immediately.
Now that you know the fregnacce, one of the typical dishes of the cuisine of central Italy, you cannot fail to try them. Alternatively, we recommend trying the homemade maltagliati seasoned with walnut and mint pesto.
Since this is a dish of fresh pasta, it would be better to consume them freshly made. To preserve them, however, the best way is to keep the sauce separate from the pasta : they are both kept in the refrigerator, well covered, for a couple of days.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe