Making homemade Naan bread is super easy. Here’s how to make this soft and thin dough.
With its spicy and flavoursome cuisine, India is a fertile land of tasty dishes. One of these, the one we propose today, is that of baked Naan bread. The recipe results in a very soft dough but, unlike our usual bread, it is also very thin . Like all other Indian foods, it must be eaten with your hands, so it is practical to divide into pieces.
Its shape is circular and its dimensions are usually quite small. It can be prepared in different variations , including garlic, potato or cheese. The overall recipe, however, is equally delicious and – most importantly – versatile. In India, it is baked in the typical clay tandoori oven , while we can comfortably bake it in our home oven.
Preparation of baked Naan bread
- Start by pouring the flour into a large bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and a pinch of baking soda , then mix.
- Pour 300 g of yogurt and, when necessary, knead with your hands.
- When you get a firm and homogeneous dough, leave it in the bowl and cover with a damp cloth . Let it rest for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- After this time, divide it into 8 pieces .
- Take them one at a time, shape them into a ball and then roll them out with a rolling pin to obtain a thin (1-2 cm) and circular sheet.
- Take a baking tray and cover it with baking paper. Place 4 discs on top, spaced apart, and cook in the oven at 200 ° C for 12 minutes .
- Remove from the oven and do the same with the other four.
The Naan bread recipe takes just a few minutes and then you can enjoy it in any way, alone or topped with other ingredients.
After making the discs with the dough, you can freeze them raw and cook them when you need them. Once cooked, keep them for a maximum of 1 day at room temperature.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison