Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare it together!
You either hate or love focaccia with onions, there is no middle ground. If I am here today with this recipe, you can well imagine what my thoughts are. I love the softness of the dough combined with the sweet flavor of onions, but to prepare it perfectly there are some tricks I have discovered over the years.
The base is reminiscent in some respects that of the classic Genoese focaccia , but what makes the difference is the presence of onions. The key to an incredible preparation is to slice them and leave them to marinate in oil , so that they become tender and do not burn during cooking.
How to prepare onion focaccia
- To prepare the focaccia you can use the planetary mixer equipped with a dough hook or carry out the operations by hand . I opted for the latter.
- Put 200 g of water with the yeast in a bowl and let it dissolve.
- Then add the flour , stirring with a wooden spoon and, when it has begun to compact, add a tablespoon of oil and salt .
- Transfer the dough to a floured pastry board and knead vigorously for about ten minutes to obtain a smooth and homogeneous dough .
- Brush it with oil and transfer it to rise in the oven off with the light on for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, peel the onions , slice them finely and put them in a bowl with 3 tablespoons of oil , 100 ml of water and a pinch of salt . Cover and leave to macerate until ready to use them.
- Now resume the dough, abundantly oil a rectangular pan and roll it out with your fingertips up to half a centimeter thick. You will have to do it gently and start from the center pushing towards the edges. Leave to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Now drain the onions, distribute them over the entire surface and bake at 220 ° C for 15 minutes . Let it cool before serving.
This delicious recipe for Genoese onion focaccia is good, indeed very good, nice hot and freshly made . If you don’t finish it, you can keep it for a maximum of one day in a cool and dry place, inside a paper bag suitable for food. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
To the north of Italy with the delicious Piedmontese mixed fried fish!
Suitable as a main course or as a single dish, this is what must not be missing in the original...
Vegan and sugar-free chestnuts: the recipe for everyone
The vegan and sugar-free castagnaccio is a reinterpretation of the traditional recipe that makes this dessert suitable for everyone and...
Respiratory insufficiency: how to recognize it and what to do when it occurs
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is unable to maintain the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing the...
Christmas appetizers: the best recipes to bring to the table during the holidays
Delicious Christmas appetizers? Meat, fish, vegetables, hot and cold, we have something for all tastes: here are the recipes for...
Mulled wine, the super fragrant drink that warms up the coldest days
Ingredients and recipe for mulled wine, a very easy drink to make, very fragrant and perfect to serve on the...
Fashion1 week ago
The trends of summer 2022 that will be impossible to resist: fashion revival, bright colors and romantic laces
Health1 week ago
Cholinergic urticaria: what it is, how to recognize it and how to treat it
Fashion1 week ago
Old Money Style: the look of the American way of life goes crazy on Tik Tok
Recipes1 week ago
Homemade, fragrant and delicious: but it’s the olive bread!