Of all the Sicilian desserts, the cake delizia is one of the richest with its base of sponge cake stuffed with jam and then covered with royal pasta.
The cake delizia is a typical Sicilian dessert , usually served during the Christmas holidays but so good that it is not that difficult to find even during the rest of the year. Of course, it is a very caloric but also very good recipe.
In fact, imagine a sponge cake filled with jam and covered with a basket of almond paste . How can all these flavors not go well together? This is why the delight cake is so loved and this is also why it is called this way! Are you curious to find out how it is prepared?
How to prepare the delicious cake recipe
- First, prepare the sponge cake. Break the eggs and work them together with 60 g of sugar with an electric whisk until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Then add the sifted flour , stirring gently from the bottom up with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into a 16 cm diameter pan lined with parchment paper and bake at 180 ° C for 20 minutes .
- In the meantime, prepare the syrup, which must be very cold when you use it. Mix 60 g of sugar with the liqueur and water and heat everything on the stove. Then keep aside.
- Once the sponge cake is ready and cold, cut it in half.
- Soak the base with the syrup, cover it with jam and close. Spread a layer of jam on the edge and surface as well.
- Prepare the almond paste by blending the almonds with the remaining sugar , the egg whites and the orange zest.
- Then transfer it to a pastry bag with a flat nozzle on one side and toothed on the other.
- Create the decoration on the surface starting with a horizontal stripe, then a vertical stripe and so on.
- Put back in the oven at 180 ° C for 15 minutes .
- Brush the cake with a little apricot jam then serve it once cold.
Among the Sicilian desserts, the delizia cake is one of the most sumptuous ones. If you love these recipes, don’t miss the cassata one : it’s a real treat!
The delight cake can be kept out of the refrigerator for 2-3 days , under a cake bell.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...