Zucchini and Roman mint are the main ingredients of the zucchini tanning. Let’s find out how to prepare this Jewish recipe.
The courgette tanning is a typical recipe of Jewish cuisine that can be tasted in one of the many Jewish restaurants in the Ghetto of Rome or prepared at home. If we want to describe this recipe with zucchini, we can say that it resembles in a certain sense the most famous zucchini alla scapece .
The differences with this dish are in fact very subtle and concern two varieties of ingredients. The courgettes , the protagonists of the dish, must be the Roman ones, streaked and with a slightly bitter taste. Mint is also present, just like in the other dish, but in the Roman variety, with thinner leaves. Roman mint and courgettes are therefore the protagonists of Roman tanning.
Also in this case, then, we will fry the zucchini and then season them with vinegar, garlic and mint. Let’s see the recipe !
How to prepare the Roman tanning recipe
- To prepare the zucchini sauce, start by washing the vegetables and removing the ends.
- With the help of a mandolin, or a sharp knife, make slices 3-5 mm thick , lengthwise as tradition dictates, or slices if you are more comfortable.
- Heat a pan with plenty of seed oil and fry the zucchini until golden, then drain with a skimmer and pass them on absorbent paper.
- Separately, prepare a fine mixture with parsley, mint and garlic and mix it with the extra virgin olive oil.
- Spread a layer of courgettes on the bottom of a container, preferably glass or ceramic.
- Season with a little beaten and continue with the layers until you finish the ingredients.
- Finally, sprinkle everything with white wine vinegar .
- Cover and leave to rest in the refrigerator overnight before consuming them.
A great way to taste the zucchini tanning is to accompany it with Roman pinsa : you will feel what a delight!
This tanning can be stored in the refrigerator for a few weeks , however we recommend consuming it within a few days of making it to savor all the flavor of the vegetable without any alterations. We also advise against freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...