The milkman is a typical dessert of Tuscany and some nearby areas with an intense scent of cinnamon and lemon and a consistency similar to pudding.
The milkman is a typical Tuscan dessert which then spread to neighboring areas undergoing minimal variations. For example, the original recipe of Veronelli did not include sugar, which is instead present in more recent versions. What remains unchanged is the particular consistency of the dessert: creamy just out of the oven, firmer and similar to a pudding when cold.
Another characteristic of the Tuscan milkman is the intense scent of cinnamon and lemon peel . Enclosed in a thin crust, they are released when cut giving you a very special experience, difficult to find in other desserts. Have we intrigued you? Let’s see together how it is prepared!
How to prepare the milkman with the original recipe
- Put the milk in a saucepan with the cinnamon and the grated rind of the lemon , taking care to choose it organic and untreated.
- Heat everything over medium heat without letting it boil.
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a bowl and work them with a hand whisk until creamy.
- Always stirring, stir in the flour and cornstarch .
- Then pour in the hot milk, without ever stopping stirring, so as to obtain a creamy and lump-free mixture.
- Pour it into a pan suitable for cooking in the oven of about 15 x 25 cm lined with the special paper to prevent it from sticking and cook at 180 ° C for an hour . When cooked, a nice crust should form on the surface.
- Once cooled, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.
How to prepare the milkman with the recipe for the Thermomix
- Combine the eggs and sugar in the Thermomix jug and whisk them for 30 sec. speed 4.
- Then add the flour and cornstarch and mix 1 min. speed 4.
- Stir in the milk at room temperature, the lemon zest and the cinnamon and mix for 1 min. speed 4.
- Pour everything into a 15 x 25 cm baking dish lined with parchment paper and cook at 180 ° C for an hour . Once a crust has formed, you can take it out of the oven and let it cool.
- Taste the milkman with a sprinkling of icing sugar.
Let yourself be tempted by another typical Tuscan dessert, the famous Tuscan zuccotto .
The milkman must be kept in the refrigerator and consumed within a maximum of 3 days.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Hairstyles for 18 years: some ideas to draw inspiration from
Some nice and quick ideas for the easiest and most beautiful 18 year old hairstyles to wear. Coming of age...
Tiramisu without mascarpone: if you haven’t tasted it yet, you are in time to fix it
The recipe for tiramisu without mascarpone is an alternative to the more classic spoon dessert, here's how to prepare it!...
Shorts know no age and can be worn without worries even at 50
Like love, shorts have no age and are worn even at 50, focusing on the right models. Who said that...
Tasty pumpkin and speck pasta: the first dish of autumn
Do you want delicious first courses? Pasta with pumpkin and speck is the one for you! Here's how to prepare...
Sarcopenia, what it is: symptoms and treatment of the disease
What is sarcopenia? Pathology involving the muscular system, involves a gradual loss of autonomy: symptoms and causes. Sarcopenia is a...
Health1 week ago
Nervous breakdown: how to recognize it and what to do
Fashion1 week ago
Ode to the maxi dress of summer 2022, a mix and match of elegance and comfort
Fashion1 week ago
Wedding shoes like sparkling: here are the inspo and low cost jewel models
Beauty1 week ago
Lip contour: what are the most effective creams and serums?