All about the zone diet: the weekly menu, the characteristics of this diet and the benefits. Here’s how it works!
The zone diet was invented by Barry Sears, who after long and careful studies has created what should be the perfect menu for the well-being of our body: in other words, the body should take 40% of carbohydrates, 30 % protein and 30% fat. This would reduce body fat, but in addition to functioning and giving tangible results , with this diet, many diseases could be prevented, especially cardiovascular, autoimmune and diabetes.
In short, we are talking about a real lifestyle : let’s find out more!
An example of a zone diet: recipes and foods
As we said, this diet was designed to provide our body with the right amount of energy to face the day, without ever being hungry and finding shape and well-being. Precisely for these reasons, all the indications should be followed to the letter .
But what is the zone diet plan? First of all, there are 5 meals in total , which consist of breakfast, lunch and dinner plus 2 snacks, and the main three should take place on a regular basis of 5 hours. In this way the body should bring about the production of good hormones, limiting the bad ones instead.
So here is a daily example , which you can apply per week by varying the food a little:
• Breakfast: 1 coffee and 3/4 oat cakes
• Snack: a low-fat yogurt
• Lunch: Fish (200 g), vegetables (250/300 g), 1 small loaf and 1 fruit
• Afternoon snack: 100 g of fruit with cheese or crackers
• Dinner: white meat (120 g), vegetables (160 g), 1 small loaf and a fruit
Does the Zone Diet Work?
Like all diets, to ensure that the results are tangible, constancy is needed and at the same time it is necessary to associate proper nutrition with nutrition. For this particular type of diet, then, there are some basic rules for making it work. Let’s see some:
• Food must always be weighed and the program must be followed strictly.
• In order for the diet to be successful, it is highly recommended to reduce the consumption of alcohol , carbonated drinks, sweets and pasta.
• Low glycemic index fruits and vegetables should be consumed.
In conclusion, we can say that the zone diet is a rather balanced diet, but we still recommend you consult your nutritionist doctor.
Find out all about the plank diet !
ultimo aggiornamento: 15-02-2020