Going to the discovery of Christmas recipes, we stumbled upon the wonderful fried Roman style. Here’s how to prepare it even with only vegetables.
There is no Christmas Eve in the capital that does not include Roman-style fried food. It is customary to taste this typical product to deceive the wait for midnight, when we exchange greetings and open gifts and, although it is a very ancient tradition , over the years it has never stopped being followed. Basically, the Roman fry consists of seasonal vegetables , Roman-style fried brain , lamb sweetbreads and veal back .
The individual pieces are passed in Roman batter which is traditionally prepared with Claudia water , a sparkling water from the area. Alternatively, the more modern versions authorize the use of beer, but your Christmas Eve stir-fry will no longer be like the original. Thanks to the fact that all the components of the recipe are fried raw, making this dish is really simple . Here are all the steps.
How to prepare the mixed fried Roman style with the original recipe
- First, devote yourself to vegetables. Clean the artichokes by removing the outer layer of leaves, the tops of the same, the stem and the internal beard. Attention, the Roman-style fried artichoke is a real must and must be perfect! Wash the broccoli and cauliflower and cut the florets. Finally, peel the apple, core it and cut it into slices.
- Now that the bulk of the work is done, prepare the batter by mixing the water and flour.
- Heat a large pot with plenty of seed oil until it reaches 170 ° C.
- Pass the vegetables in the batter and fry them, a few at a time so as not to excessively lower the temperature of the oil. Then move on to apple, a particular ingredient that gives Roman-style frying a pleasant sweet note.
- Then move on to the Roman-style fried cod cut into fillets of about 2 cm in width .
- Fry the veal backs and brains and sweetbreads until golden and crisp.
- As the fried food is ready, drain it with a slotted spoon and pass it on absorbent paper before serving, adding a pinch of salt.
If you want to make Roman-style mixed fried vegetables, then simply omit meat, offal and cod. However, we advise you to make it richer by adding two sliced potatoes , some champignon mushrooms divided in half and a clean and sliced fennel . The Roman-style vegetable fry prepared in this way is also ideal for those who follow a vegetarian or vegan diet.
Also take a look at our tips for making the perfect batter , ideal for meat and vegetables.
Forget about keeping the mixed fried food: tradition has it that it passes directly from the oil to the table , without too many ceremonies and if you try it in this way you will immediately understand why.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...