The black cabbage soup is perfect for filling up on vitamins and facing the winter cold. Here’s how we prepare it.
Winter is upon us and, as always, nature offers us everything we need. Black cabbage, for example, is one of those vegetables rich in nutrients essential to face the cold and keep ailments away so why not use it to prepare the black cabbage soup? Creamy and smooth thanks to our secret trick, it can be enjoyed alone or with some croutons.
Very few ingredients are needed to prepare the black cabbage cream and, being a 100% vegetable recipe , it is also perfect for those who follow a vegan diet. You can make it more substantial by adding a potato which over all will make it creamier but this is totally at your discretion.
How to prepare the black cabbage cream recipe
- First, wash the black cabbage leaves well under running water then remove the hard central stem.
- Transfer them to a saucepan together with the chopped shallot , the sliced leek and a couple of tablespoons of oil .
- At this stage you can also add the peeled and diced potato .
- Cover with a liter of water , add a pinch of salt and cook for 1 hour.
- When the cabbage and potato are tender, blend with an immersion blender.
- Then pass everything in a fine mesh colander in order to remove all the fibrous part and if necessary put it back in the pot to adjust the density: add a little water or broth if it is too dry, let it go a few minutes on high heat if too watery.
- Serve the black cabbage soup with croutons and a drizzle of raw oil.
You can keep the soup in the refrigerator for a couple of days, in an airtight container or in a well-covered dish. Alternatively, freeze it already portioned so as to always have it available, even when you are in a hurry.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...
Have you ever heard of lemon salad?
If you are looking for a light side dish to accompany your richer main courses, the lemon salad is the...
Wheat: why it forms and how to fix it
The wheal is an allergic type manifestation typical of urticaria. Find out how it comes, what it depends on and...