They come from Abruzzo and have conquered all of Italy, maccheroni alla chitarra are easy to make and good to eat. Here is the original recipe.
The Italian culinary tradition is rich in specialties, which vary from region to region. What we propose today is the macaroni alla chitarra recipe. This time, it is a typical dish from Abruzzo , a territory where fresh and homemade pasta cannot be missing. These are spaghetti with a very particular shape , that is, with a square section. All this is possible through a simple instrument, called the guitar . Once you have created the dough, using only two simple ingredients (flour and eggs), you can spread it on the utensil and create their typical shape. Let’s find out how!
Preparation of the recipe for macaroni alla chitarra
- Start by sifting the flour .
- Pour it into a fountain on a work surface and then dig a central dimple.
- Inside, put the whole eggs .
- With the help of a fork, beat them, collecting the flour a little at a time.
- When needed, continue to knead with your hands to mix the ingredients. It will take about 15 minutes.
- After obtaining a smooth and homogeneous dough, wrap it in cling film . Let it rest out of the fridge, in a cool and dry place for 1 hour .
- After this time, cut a quarter of the dough at a time and roll it out on a work surface (floured) with a rolling pin, to have a not very thin and rectangular sheet .
- Move it over the guitar and continue to roll it out with a rolling pin, applying a lot of pressure , until spaghetti fall from the strings.
- Proceed in this way until the dough is finished.
- As you make the spaghetti, distribute them on a pasta rack or floured pastry board (well spaced).
- After toweling, they are ready to be cooked and served with meat sauce f act at home .
History of macaroni alla chitarra
The place of origin of these spaghetti is Abruzzo, where they are also called tonnarelli . Born in 1500 in noble kitchens, in those years they were spread with a rolling pin on a notched iron. This tool was called a ruzzolo and was the predecessor of a copper-stringed loom, referred to as a maccherunare. On this were placed the “pettele”, or the sheets of pasta that were pressed on the ropes.
Until now, the instrument has been increasingly perfected and its name has changed to guitar, or maccarunàre . This tool is equipped with metal and rigid ropes , stretched on a wooden frame and a few millimeters apart. In fact, its conformation recalls that of the musical instrument.
After letting it rest for at least 2 hours, the pasta alla chitarra can be kept in the fridge , wrapped in a floured cloth, for 1-2 days . You can also freeze it , always raw, by placing the spaghetti spaced apart on a floured tray.
If you are looking for tasty ideas, have a look at our proposals for quick first course recipes !
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison