Lightening your hair naturally, without harmful bleaching, is possible. Let’s see which are the most effective natural methods.
In summer, the sun takes care of giving golden reflections to the hair , but during the rest of the year how can you do it? Dye, bleaching, streaks, shatush and balayage are certainly effective methods to lighten even the darkest hair , but they are undoubtedly harmful to the hair.
Those with dark blonde or light brown hair can try valid natural alternatives to turn their hair brown without damaging it. Let’s see together what are the most effective natural methods to lighten hair .
How to lighten hair naturally
- One of the most effective ways to lighten and give golden highlights to hair is chamomile . Make an infusion with two sachets of chamomile, or rather two tablespoons of flower heads, in a saucepan of water, let it cool and use it after shampooing to wet all the hair. Let them dry in the sun if the temperatures allow it and after a few applications you will begin to see the first results.
- A very similar effect is that given by beer . Even the latter should be used to wet all the hair after shampooing and should not be rinsed. The only drawback: it can dry out the hair if it is very alcoholic and leave its unmistakable smell on the hair!
- The honey- based lightening pack is very effective. Preparing it is very easy: just add 3 tablespoons of honey to two tablespoons of conditioner. Leave it on for at least an hour and proceed with the shampoo.
- A real cure-all for the hair is wheat germ oil , which in addition to nourishing also has the power to lighten the hair. Use it for a compress before each shampoo and after a few weeks you will notice the difference!
- Finally, if your hair is dark blonde, you can give it golden highlights with blonde henna , a vegetable dye based on cassia, chamomile, turmeric, ginger and other lightening plants. You can find it in herbal medicine.
More tips on how to lighten your hair naturally
In addition to the options already described there are many other natural methods to lighten hair, some more or less effective (but a lot also depends on the type of hair). Among these we cannot fail to mention a type of henna, cassia , which serves precisely to accentuate the golden reflections of the hair without adding any chemical element or worked in the laboratory. To use it you will have to buy the henna preparation and dissolve it patiently in hot water. When it is completely dissolved, apply it on your hair, leave it on for at least 1 hour and then rinse everything and wash your hair normally.
Even lemon , being an acid, has the property of lightening the hair through natural bleaching. Take some fresh and freshly squeezed lemon juice and dilute it in a small amount of water, apply this liquid on your hair and leave it on for about 30-40 minutes . Then rinse everything and wash your hair carefully (pay attention to the skin, in case of small cuts or inflammation it could give a burning sensation).
Finally, spices are also suitable for the cause: cinnamon, turmeric, ginger and saffron can be used individually as a compress or cream (if diluted in hot water) to lighten the hair.
As mentioned previously, each hair reacts differently, so we recommend that you try to use these methods first on a small strand and then, if necessary, extend the treatment to the whole head.
Almond nougat: the traditional recipe for a magical Christmas!
Preparing homemade almond nougat is the perfect homemade gift for Christmas parties… as long as you manage not to eat...
Autumn looks inspired by the nuances of the earth: how to combine colors
The pop and trendy colors of this autumn 2021 coexist with the classic nuances of all time, such as “khaki”...
Risotto with Barolo: the recipe of Piedmontese excellence
Here is the recipe to follow to prepare a tasty dish of Barolo risotto: soft and tasty, it is perfect...
Creamy cream of fennel and leeks with a curry scent
Cream of fennel and curry leeks: for a quick and tasty dinner, perfect for lovers of vegetables and hot soups....
Delicious and autumnal: here is the mushroom sauce, perfect for your first courses
Quick and easy, here’s how to prepare the mushroom sauce recipe (with and without Thermomix): perfect for seasoning fresh pasta....
Recipes1 week ago
Thursday dumplings! But not just any gnocchi… they are those of Squid Game!
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe