Linguine with scampi: an easy recipe to prepare a delicious first course enriched with zucchini pesto.
Are you ready to prepare a delicious first course of linguine with scampi? This is the perfect recipe for your family lunches or dinners: the preparation is quite simple and in no time you can put a delicious plate of pasta on the table.
To make it even more delicious, we added a zucchini pesto: you will love it ! Here is the recipe.
Preparation of linguine with scampi and zucchini
- Start by preparing the courgette pesto : wash the courgettes, peel them and grate them. Transfer the grated zucchini in a colander with a pinch of salt to drain the excess liquid.
- After 10-15 minutes, mash the courgettes and put in the mixer with the pine nuts, the basil leaves and 125 ml of olive oil. Blend until creamy and set aside.
- Continue by putting a pot of water on the stove to cook the pasta, bring to a boil, add salt to the water and dip the linguine in the water.
- Meanwhile, shell the prawns .
- Place a large pan on the stove, brown the garlic clove in a drizzle of oil then add the prawns, leave to flavor for a few moments then blend with the white wine and cook for a few more minutes to evaporate the alcohol .
- Once the pasta has been cooked, drain the linguine and put it in the pan where you cooked the scampi, turn off the heat and add the previously prepared courgette pesto. At this point you can add some tomatoes to taste.
- Mix everything well and serve immediately . Enjoy your meal!
If you prefer, simply replace the linguine with another pasta shape of your choice. Alternatively, we recommend linguine with lobster : really delicious!
The pasta, unless it is prepared with the intention of making a cold pasta, must be enjoyed as soon as it is drained and combined with its sauce . For this reason we do not recommend storage in the refrigerator, but also freezing in the freezer.