The red velvet pancakes are pancakes of a beautiful red color, easy to prepare with and without Thermomix, even without artificial coloring.
When it comes to quick and easy desserts, the thought goes to pancakes. These American pancakes have also conquered our kitchens, becoming the protagonists of Sunday breakfasts with the family. However, if a special occasion like Valentine’s Day is approaching, then you can prepare red velvet pancakes: with their bright red color they are perfect for celebrating the holiday of lovers.
To prepare them you can use both food coloring , perfect for obtaining an intense red without effort, and red beet blended with milk. The color will not be exactly the same but you will have a much more natural dessert. With all this red, to accompany these delicious pancakes what’s better than cream? Try them and we guarantee that everyone will appreciate this idea of yours!
How to prepare the pancacke red velvet recipe
- First, beat the eggs with the sugar, milk, flour and yeast with the help of a whisk to obtain a homogeneous batter.
- Then add a few drops of red food coloring (a little at a time, I recommend), until you get the desired shade of red.
- Let the dough rest for a few hours in the refrigerator if you can, otherwise you can start cooking immediately.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease it slightly. With a ladle, drop small piles of dough spacing them well and start cooking over medium heat. As soon as bubbles form on the surface, you can turn them with a spatula and continue cooking on the other side as well. The trick to keeping pancakes warm is to place them one on top of the top.
- Once ready, serve them garnished with whipped cream and raspberries to taste (if they are in season).
To prepare the red velvet pancakes without coloring, simply blend 50 g of red beetroot cut into small pieces with 50 g of milk . Add everything to the mixture and proceed as per recipe. As mentioned, the color will not be identical but still of great effect. Have you noticed how these pancakes look like red velvet cake ?
How to prepare red velvet pancakes with the Thermomix
If time is short and you have little time to prepare your romantic breakfast, you can use the bim
- Combine egg, sugar, milk, flour and yeast in the jug and blend 30 sec. speed 4.
- Add the food coloring and mix one last time for 10 sec. speed 4.
- Now that the dough is ready, proceed as per the traditional recipe. If you can, let it rest in the refrigerator for a few hours, otherwise start cooking the pancakes.
- Heat a non-stick pan and grease it lightly then drop small ladles of dough , well spaced. Cook until bubbles begin to form on the surface, a sign that you can turn them to continue cooking on the other side as well.
- As they are ready, stack them on a plate then serve them hot with whipped cream and berries.
To prepare them with the Thermomix and without dyes, first blend 50 g of steamed beetroot with 50 g of milk for 15 sec. speed 9 then continue as per recipe.
Pancakes are the fast desserts par excellence and we advise you to take a look at our article to discover all the secrets for their preparation.
It would be better to consume freshly made pancakes however, if you have any leftover, you can keep them in the refrigerator for a day and reheat them in a pan or microwave before consuming them.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...