Lumpia are the Philippine version of the famous spring rolls. Here is the recipe for stuffing them with meat and vegetables.
Called with the international term spring rolls , spring rolls are now known all over the world. There are many culinary traditions that have made their own and – many times – customized the basic recipe. Among the oldest is the preparation of lumpia, or the rolls originating in the Philippines .
The recipe was imported into Philippine territory and Indonesia by the inhabitants of the Fujian region of China. Subsequently, the dish was also made their own by France and Holland, or countries that have had close contact with the lands of South Asia. There are many versions of these small delights and, today, we are dedicated to the preparation of lumpia Shangai . These are rolls made of a crisp and thin dough, filled with pork and vegetables . Let’s move on to the procedure immediately.
Preparation of the recipe for lumpia
- Before starting, clean and cut the vegetables. Chop the garlic , a stick of celery and the onion , in a blender, and grate the carrot .
- Take a large bowl and put the minced pork inside, adding the vegetables prepared just before.
- Add the soy sauce , season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Take one spring roll sheet at a time and place them on a work surface. On each, arrange a diagonal strip of seasoning (taking a certain amount at a time from the mixture with the meat).
- To close, take the bottom tip of the square and fold the dough inwards. Fold the two sides and then roll up the roll on itself, until you get to the tip at the top.
- Seal the edge by wetting the sheet with water .
- As you make a roll, wrap it in cling film , so as not to dry it, and move on to the composition of the other.
- Take a pan and wet it with a finger of oil . Heat it and, when it gets hot, start frying the Spring rolls. It takes about 3-5 minutes for each. Once cooked, place them on a tray covered with absorbent paper and let them cool.
If you don’t want to cook Shangai lumpia right away, you can freeze them raw . Alternatively, keep them in the fridge for up to 1 day .
If you are a lover of this dish, do not miss the classic recipe for spring rolls .