Vegetable meatloaf with flavored lentils: here is the recipe to prepare an excellent second course, tasty and different from the usual.
Today we offer you a light but very tasty second course: the lentil and vegetable meatloaf! Try it as a main course or as a single dish to accompany with vegetables cooked in the hole. You can make it from scratch, but it’s also a great recycling recipe when you have leftover lentils and vegetables to take out . Here is the recipe!
Preparation of the vegetarian meatloaf
- Start by washing and cleaning the courgettes and aubergines. Clean the peppers, remove the seeds and internal filaments then cut the vegetables into cubes.
- Brown all the vegetables in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil to soften them.
- In the meantime, put the bread in a bowl, soften it with a little milk for about ten minutes.
- When cooked, take the vegetables, remove the garlic and put them in a colander in order to eliminate the excess liquid. Then put the vegetables in a bowl, add the squeezed bread, the chopped basil, the blended lentils, the orange zest and a pinch of salt.
- Start kneading in order to mix the ingredients by adding the breadcrumbs just enough to make the mixture homogeneous but soft.
- Roll out the mixture obtained on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and level well so as to obtain a meatloaf and bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 30 minutes .
- When cooked, let the meatloaf rest in the oven for about ten minutes before serving. Enjoy your meal!
Alternatively, here are all of our meatloaf recipes !
Meatloaf prepared following this recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for 1-2 days maximum! We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...