Preparing gluten-free recipes is not very difficult and for Christmas we recommend our gluten-free cartellate.
Cartellate are a Christmas cake typical of Puglia but also of some areas of Basilicata. Preparing gluten-free cartellate is a great way to experience the holidays in a traditional way even for those who suffer from celiac disease . We guarantee that this preparation has nothing to envy to the most classic Christmas recipes.
In fact, color, flavor and texture are the same as the traditional dessert and this is made possible by the presence of a small percentage of corn starch in the gluten-free cartellate dough. For the rest, the steps remain unchanged from the original recipe and to prepare them all you have to do is get gluten-free flour suitable for the preparation of desserts.
How to prepare the recipe for gluten-free cartellate
- Combine the flour , corn starch and sugar in a bowl and mix.
- Then incorporate the eggs and start kneading with your hands, adding wine little by little.
- Transfer the dough to a pastry board and knead vigorously until it is smooth and homogeneous.
- Wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest for half an hour .
- Divide the dough into four and roll out each piece with the pasta machine until you reach the penultimate thickness.
- With a pastry wheel cut strips 3 cm thick .
- Fold them in half for the long side and pinch the dough every 3 cm to join it.
- Roll up as if you were going to create a rose and always use the pinch technique to stop the closure.
- Let them dry on a clean tea towel overnight.
- Then fry them in seed oil until they are golden brown.
- Drain them with a slotted spoon and pass them on absorbent paper.
- Heat the vincotto (but if you can’t find it, honey is fine too) and dip the cartellate one by one.
- Serve garnished with a pinch of cinnamon and almonds .
You have seen that preparing gluten-free sweet recipes is no different from traditional ones and just take a look at the cartellate to realize it.
Cartellate can be kept out of the refrigerator for 4-5 days. The important thing is to keep them away from humidity.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
To the north of Italy with the delicious Piedmontese mixed fried fish!
Suitable as a main course or as a single dish, this is what must not be missing in the original...
Vegan and sugar-free chestnuts: the recipe for everyone
The vegan and sugar-free castagnaccio is a reinterpretation of the traditional recipe that makes this dessert suitable for everyone and...
Respiratory insufficiency: how to recognize it and what to do when it occurs
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is unable to maintain the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing the...
Christmas appetizers: the best recipes to bring to the table during the holidays
Delicious Christmas appetizers? Meat, fish, vegetables, hot and cold, we have something for all tastes: here are the recipes for...
Mulled wine, the super fragrant drink that warms up the coldest days
Ingredients and recipe for mulled wine, a very easy drink to make, very fragrant and perfect to serve on the...
Fashion1 week ago
The trends of summer 2022 that will be impossible to resist: fashion revival, bright colors and romantic laces
Fashion1 week ago
Old Money Style: the look of the American way of life goes crazy on Tik Tok
Health1 week ago
Cholinergic urticaria: what it is, how to recognize it and how to treat it
Recipes1 week ago
Homemade, fragrant and delicious: but it’s the olive bread!