Preparing gluten-free recipes is not very difficult and for Christmas we recommend our gluten-free cartellate.
Cartellate are a Christmas cake typical of Puglia but also of some areas of Basilicata. Preparing gluten-free cartellate is a great way to experience the holidays in a traditional way even for those who suffer from celiac disease . We guarantee that this preparation has nothing to envy to the most classic Christmas recipes.
In fact, color, flavor and texture are the same as the traditional dessert and this is made possible by the presence of a small percentage of corn starch in the gluten-free cartellate dough. For the rest, the steps remain unchanged from the original recipe and to prepare them all you have to do is get gluten-free flour suitable for the preparation of desserts.
How to prepare the recipe for gluten-free cartellate
- Combine the flour , corn starch and sugar in a bowl and mix.
- Then incorporate the eggs and start kneading with your hands, adding wine little by little.
- Transfer the dough to a pastry board and knead vigorously until it is smooth and homogeneous.
- Wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest for half an hour .
- Divide the dough into four and roll out each piece with the pasta machine until you reach the penultimate thickness.
- With a pastry wheel cut strips 3 cm thick .
- Fold them in half for the long side and pinch the dough every 3 cm to join it.
- Roll up as if you were going to create a rose and always use the pinch technique to stop the closure.
- Let them dry on a clean tea towel overnight.
- Then fry them in seed oil until they are golden brown.
- Drain them with a slotted spoon and pass them on absorbent paper.
- Heat the vincotto (but if you can’t find it, honey is fine too) and dip the cartellate one by one.
- Serve garnished with a pinch of cinnamon and almonds .
You have seen that preparing gluten-free sweet recipes is no different from traditional ones and just take a look at the cartellate to realize it.
Cartellate can be kept out of the refrigerator for 4-5 days. The important thing is to keep them away from humidity.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...