Let’s prepare the miascia, the bread and fruit cake recipe that is part of the repertoire of quick and easy desserts, typical of northern Italy.
The preparation of miascia, the Lake Como cake, is the recipe for a rustic and anti-waste dessert, originally from the province of Como . This typical Lombard dessert is a kind of bread cake, enriched with other common and genuine ingredients. For this reason, it is also defined as “poor”, despite its dough being very rich in flavors. To top it all, there are fresh fruit , such as pears and apples, and raisins. The presence of stale bread in the mixture of this typical product makes the Bellagio miascia rustic and fragrant, suitable for a snack or lunch with friends.
Preparation of the miascia with the original recipe
- Pour the milk into a saucepan and heat it on the stove.
- Break up the stale bread, to reduce it into very small pieces, and place it in a bowl.
- Cover it with hot milk, stir and let it soften for 30 minutes .
- Soak the raisins in a bowl full of water for 10 minutes.
- When the bread is soft, add the sugar and the grated lemon zest.
- Also add a pinch of salt and the egg. Stir to mix everything.
- Pour the two flours over the mixture, sifting them, and incorporate them.
- Wash, peel and clean the apple and pear. Cut them into cubes .
- Subsequently, add them to the mixture for the sweet miascia and mix.
- Take a circular cake pan and line it with baking paper. Pour the mixture inside.
- Spread the raisins (well squeezed) and flakes of butter over the surface.
- Bake in the oven at 180 ° C for about 1 hour . After this time, let it cool and serve.
The Miascia cake is a delicious and simple dessert with which to end a family lunch. If left over, store it in an airtight container, at room temperature, for 3-4 days .
Another exquisite Lombard dessert is the Cremona cake !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...