Preparing the Genoese minestrone is simple but there is an ingredient that just cannot be missing: pesto! Here is the original recipe.
If you think about it, minestrone is nothing more than cooked vegetables and seasoned with salt. Of course, not one of the most popular recipes and yet when it comes to the Genoese minestrone, we all agree that it is amazing. Yes, because here the chosen vegetables are left to cook over low heat until they unravel on their own. Finally, pesto is added, which is the ingredient that transforms a simple minestrone into the famous Genoese minestron or menestron .
Preparing this recipe does not require who knows what skills but since it is a typical preparation there are some rules to follow. We have already said, for example, that it should be cooked for a long time , but not that it should be stirred often and that the pesto is strictly added off the heat. Moreover, not everyone knows that Ligurian minestrone is also good cold : the farmers, for example, used to consume it for breakfast. What do you say, have we intrigued you?
How to prepare the Genoese minestrone with the original recipe
- First you need to prepare all the vegetables: peel the onion and cut it into thin slices. Peel the carrots , remove the ends and cut them into chunks. Also cut the courgettes and the celery stalk into chunks. Divide the green beans without the ends in two. Peel the potatoes and cut them into pieces.
- Combine all the vegetables in a large pot then add the spinach and legumes, i.e. peas and cannellini or borlotti beans.
- Cover with water and cook for an hour or until the vegetables naturally tend to come apart.
- Season with salt and add the pasta . Choose a short variety for soup and cook it paying attention because it will tend to stick.
- Serve by completing off the heat with the pesto .
If you liked this recipe, we recommend that you also take a look at our tips for obtaining an excellent vegetable soup .
The minestrone can be kept out of the refrigerator for one night, besides it is better to store it in a cool place. When it is time to consume it, simply heat it for a few minutes in a saucepan.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Scallops au gratin, a delicious and refined appetizer
Baked scallops au gratin are a refined and delicious fish appetizer, perfect to bring to the table to make a...
Nail shape: which one to choose among the many types?
Rounded? Almond? Let’s see how to choose the right nail shape, based on your needs and the shape of your...
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...