Nettle tagliatelle has the herbaceous scent of this delicious spring plant and a rich vegetable ragù.
Nettle tagliatelle with lentil and mushroom ragout are also perfect for those who cannot eat milk and dairy products and as a very tasty, delicious and original vegetarian dish. Gomasio can also be found in the supermarket, it is nothing more than toasted and ground sesame with the addition of sea salt. If you can’t find it, replace it with toasted sesame.
Preparation of nettle tagliatelle with lentils and mushrooms
Wanting to prepare this 100% veg first course from scratch, we decided to separate the recipe into two preparations: pasta and sauce with lentils. It will all be much simpler and you will have no problems making it happen.
Tagliatelle with nettles
- 250 g of nettle
- 100 g of wheat flour type 00
- 100 g of semi-wholemeal flour
- 100 g of semolina
- 2 eggs
- Take the nettles, cut the tops and soak them in salted water.
- Drain them after a few minutes and let them dry.
- Cook them for about five minutes, then drain them to let them cool.
- Squeeze them hard to remove the water they have produced, then chop them.
- Mix the flours : white flour, semi-wholemeal flour and semolina.
- On a work surface, create the classic fountain with the hole in the middle, in which you will place the nettles and eggs.
- Knead for at least 10 minutes, until the mixture is smooth and compact.
- Let it rest for at least an hour, covered.
- With the pastry, make half to one centimeter wide noodles, depending on your taste.
l lentil and mushroom ragout
- 350 g of tomato sauce
- 150 g of Champignon mushrooms
- 100 g of lentils
- 1 carrot
- 1 golden onion
- 1 stick of celery
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 sage leaves
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1/2 glass of red wine
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- brown sugar to taste
- pepper and salt to taste
- Put a pan with three tablespoons of oil on the heat, in which you will add the celery, carrot and onion, all cut into cubes. Also add the chopped garlic, sage and rosemary, with the whole bay leaf.
- Let it go over medium heat for 10 minutes, then put the lentils in the pan (remember that they must be soaked if they are dry) and the diced mushrooms. Raise the heat and brown for a few minutes.
- Add the wine, wait for it to evaporate and then add the tomato puree, 600 ml of water, salt and brown sugar.
- Lower the heat, covering with the lid, but leaving a crack open to let the steam out. You have to cook like this for an hour, stirring occasionally, but without exaggerating: the important thing is that it does not stick. If it gets too dry, you can add a little hot water.
- Lightly flour them and boil, then serve with the meat sauce .
This is just one of our lentil recipes that you absolutely must try if you love this legume.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...