The gluten-free Christmas log is a quick and easy dessert, perfect for those suffering from celiac disease. Here is our recipe!
Suffering from celiac disease might seem like an almost insurmountable obstacle, especially when it comes to the classic Christmas sweets . However, a minimum of imagination is enough to discover new ones, such as the gluten-free Christmas log stuffed and covered with chocolate ganache .
Perfect for all occasions, from dinners with friends to those with the family, it does not differ much from the traditional recipe. In fact, it will be sufficient to replace the classic flour with rice and potato starch to obtain a gluten-free log with a perfect consistency. Ready to cook?
How to prepare the gluten-free Christmas log recipe
- First, separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff with half the sugar and work the egg yolks with the remaining sugar until they are light and fluffy.
- Scent the egg yolks with the vanilla extract, add the two flours and finally the egg whites . Always mix gently from the bottom up to avoid disassembling the mixture.
- Pour it into the baking tray lined with parchment paper and cook at 180 ° C for 10-12 minutes.
- Prepare a sheet of parchment paper sprinkled with icing sugar and as soon as the gluten-free biscuit dough is ready, turn it over.
- Roll around the short side and let cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate ganache. Heat the cream until just touching the boil then pour it over the chopped dark chocolate with a knife, stirring until it has melted.
- Once cold (you can also place it in the refrigerator to speed things up) use a part of it to stuff the log.
- The rest will be used for the external cover and don’t forget to recreate the characteristic grooves with the prongs of a fork!
You can also make a gluten-free and lactose-free Christmas log using a delactose-free equivalent instead of traditional cream. You will not notice any difference.
Furthermore, if you do not suffer from any type of food intolerance, you may also be interested in the classic recipe of the Christmas log .
This sweet, who knows how, gets better as the hours go by. Prepare it a few hours in advance and keep it in the refrigerator : it will then keep up to 2-3 days.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe