One of the typical products of Ferrara is the salama da sugo, a particular cured meat that should be eaten only after it has been cooked.
Among the various typical regional products we cannot fail to mention the salama da sugo, originally from the province of Ferrara . This is a very special cured meat that should be eaten, unlike many others, only after it has been cooked . The way it is cooked is elaborate and takes quite a long time, but the result pays off any kind of effort.
Its secret lies in the composition. The salami is a set of different parts of pork and the original recipe also requires the addition of salt, pepper and nutmeg, to flavor the mix even more. After cooking it, you can accompany it to the puree, as Cracco and Fabio de Luigi did in the Dinner Club . This product is also excellent for seasoning a bold risotto or as a side dish.
Preparation of the recipe for salama da sugo
- Before getting into the process, you must leave the salama to soak for a whole night . Fill a container with warm water and let it rest in this way, to soften the external encrustations.
- The next morning, brush the outside gently.
- First, fill a saucepan (with very high sides) with water and place on the stove.
- Wrap the product in a thin cloth and tie with string .
- Immerse it in the water but, before proceeding to cooking the salama da sugo, place a wooden stick on the edges of the pot. This will be used to support the end of the string and keep the salami suspended in the liquid, without letting it touch the bottom of the container.
- Cook over low heat for over 4 hours , constantly keeping the water boiling. Be careful not to break the bladder.
- After cooking, remove the string and place it on a plate. Cut the upper part horizontally, to free the soft and juicy meat inside, which you can pick up with a spoon.
- You can serve it hot or cold, whole or cut into wedges.
Enjoy the salamina da sugo, originally from Ferrara, alone or with a particular dish. You can keep it in the fridge for 1 day and heat it or freeze it for a few weeks and reheat it if necessary.
Another spectacular preparation, known in the Dinner Club , is that of thecazzomarro .
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe