From the hands of a chef, a delicious but very simple dish could only be born. We are talking about Alessandro Borghese’s onion omelette!
In his Kitchen Sound program, Alessandro Borghese has revisited Fantozzi’s onion omelette making it a refined dish while maintaining the simplicity of preparation. Alessandro Borghese’s onion omelette differs from the classic omelette due to the presence of 4 different types of onions: red, golden, leek and spring onion.
It is therefore a quick and easy recipe, perfect when you don’t know what to cook for dinner. In fact, preparing the fresh onion omelette takes about ten minutes and no particular culinary skills. We like to serve it sliced by placing it directly in the center of the table, thus creating a nice atmosphere of conviviality. What do you think?
How to prepare the recipe for Alessandro Borghese’s onion omelette
- First, peel the red and golden onion, cut them in half and slice them.
- Remove the small roots and the green part of the leek and spring onion and slice the latter too.
- Combine all the vegetables in a pan with a tablespoon of oil and let them cook over high heat for a few minutes. They need to cook but keep their crunchiness .
- Meanwhile, separately, break the eggs into a bowl and beat them with the grated cheese and a pinch of salt.
- Once the onions are ready, add them to the eggs and give one last quick stir.
- Pour the omelette into a well oiled pan (the same one used for cooking the onions is fine) with a diameter of 24 cm .
- Cook covered for about 5 minutes then, using the lid, turn it over and continue cooking on the other side as well.
- Serve it by completing with ground pepper and a little fresh thyme.
If you liked this recipe with onions, we suggest you also try the classic onion omelette , perfect for a quick and tasty lunch.
You can put the onion omelette in the refrigerator for a couple of days and consume it by heating it for a few minutes in a pan. The idea of preparing a sandwich with the leftover omelette is also excellent , perhaps adding tomato and mayonnaise.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...