It takes very few ingredients and less than 10 minutes to prepare the onion tarte tatin. Here are the two ways we prepare it.
The onion tarte tatin is a savory pie inspired by the French dessert recipe of the same name. If the variant to be served at the end of the meal as a dessert is usually prepared with apples, here the undisputed protagonists are onions . Lovers of this ingredient will not be able to remain indifferent to its goodness, especially once they have discovered that it only takes a few minutes to prepare it.
This is because in the simplest version, this savory onion pie is prepared simply by placing the sliced onions and brown sugar on the bottom of a pan and covering everything with the shortcrust pastry . There are also tastier versions that include the addition of a balsamic vinegar glaze: do not worry, at the end of the basic recipe we will also give you this variant. Ready to cook?
How to prepare the onion tarte tatin recipe
- First peel the onions and cut them into slices half a centimeter thick so that with each cut you can see all the inner layers. This will make the finished recipe even more beautiful to look at.
- Grease the bottom of a 24 cm diameter pan and arrange the sliced onions to cover it completely.
- Sprinkle them with brown sugar .
- Unroll the shortcrust pastry , place it on the onions by pressing lightly and then slightly fold the excess edges. If you don’t like them, you can also remove them by cutting the brisé to size.
- Bake at 200 ° C for 15 minutes then open the oven to lower the temperature and continue cooking at 180 ° C for another 15 minutes .
- Turn the salted tarte tatin upside down immediately, fresh from the oven and serve hot.
To prepare the onion tarte tatin with balsamic vinegar glaze you have to proceed as follows:
- In a pan, put 4 tablespoons of brown sugar , 100 ml of balsamic vinegar and the onions cut into concentric slices.
- Cook until a glaze forms. Allow for a couple of minutes per side.
- Spread the onions and all the glaze on the bottom of a 24 cm diameter pan .
- Cover with the shortcrust pastry and proceed with cooking: first at 200 ° C for 15 minutes and then at 180 ° C for another 15 minutes.
- Turn it upside down while it is still hot and serve.
If you liked this recipe, also try the savory pie with Tropea onions : you will not regret it.
The onion tarte tatin can be stored out of the refrigerator for a couple of days. We recommend serving it at room temperature or heating it slightly.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Scallops au gratin, a delicious and refined appetizer
Baked scallops au gratin are a refined and delicious fish appetizer, perfect to bring to the table to make a...
Nail shape: which one to choose among the many types?
Rounded? Almond? Let’s see how to choose the right nail shape, based on your needs and the shape of your...
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...