Orange cookies are a quick and easy treat, perfect for all occasions. Here is our recipe to prepare them.
There are recipes that remain in your heart at the first taste and one of these is precisely that of orange biscuits. Their rustic appearance made of a crunchy crust and a soft filling with an intense orange scent, make them suitable for both a snack and a cup of tea .
To prepare these orange sweets it takes very little and the trick to get the cracked effect , crinkle in English, is really simple: pass them in icing sugar before cooking and you’re done! So let’s see all the steps to prepare them!
How to prepare the orange biscuit recipe
- Combine the butter , sugar and grated zest of the two oranges in a bowl. I recommend, make sure they are organic and untreated.
- Once you have obtained a light and fluffy mixture, add the egg , whisk it and add the juice of an orange slowly .
- Incorporate the sifted flour with the baking powder , using a spatula first and finishing the operation by hand.
- Wrap it in plastic wrap and let it rest for an hour in the refrigerator .
- Then remove portions of dough as uniform as possible, the size of a walnut .
- Pass them in granulated sugar before and after the icing and as they are ready place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let them rest in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Bake in the oven at 180 ° C for 15 minutes .
Similar to the orange biscuits are the lemon biscuits , delicious and perfect for any occasion, even as a gastronomic gift for your friends.
Orange biscuits can be stored out of the refrigerator, in a tin box, for up to a week.