Orecchiette with chickpeas and broccoli are a protein-rich and vitamin-rich first course. Let’s find out the recipe with a few simple steps and with a vegan nature.
Orecchiette with chickpeas and broccoli are also suitable for vegetarians and vegans, because they do not contain ingredients of animal origin.
The combination of chickpeas and broccoli seems risky but it is not: the sulphurous taste of broccoli goes well with the sweetness of chickpeas, and tomatoes, which you can choose from any variety, take care of combining the two ingredients.
Orecchiette with chickpeas and broccoli can be prepared with fresh pasta or, alternatively, with durum wheat semolina orecchiette: the flavor will obviously be different depending on the type of pasta you choose.
Preparation of orecchiette with chickpeas and broccoli
- To prepare your orecchiette with chickpeas and broccoli, start cooking the chickpeas – after soaking them for at least 6 hours – in the pressure cooker with a clove of garlic and a sprig of rosemary.
- When they are cooked, drain and set aside.
- Wash and boil the tops of a broccoli in salted water.
- Then sauté them, once cooked, in extra virgin olive oil with a well-pressed clove of garlic.
- At this point add the tomatoes to the broccoli, preferably without the peel.
- Season with salt and finally add the chickpeas.
- Cook the orecchiette in abundant salted water and then pour them into the pan with the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve your orecchiette with chickpeas and broccoli.
Do you like the recipe? Try our broccoli pesto too!
The first course can also be kept for 1 day in the refrigerator , in a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison