Pumpkin and sausage pasta is tasty and perfect to serve as a single dish and we like to add sage and rosemary.
Also perfect to serve as a single dish, pumpkin and sausage pasta is a creamy and full of flavor first course where the sweetness of the pumpkin goes well with the full flavor of the sausage. We are talking about a quick and easy recipe where the pumpkin and sausage sauce is prepared during the cooking time of the pasta. We prefer to cook the two ingredients separately but if you want you can speed up the preparation and put everything in the same pan.
To make this pasta with pumpkin, in addition to the ingredients we have already talked about, we wanted to add some fresh aromatic herbs such as rosemary and sage that go perfectly with both pumpkin and sausage. Last but not least, pecorino : added to pasta once cooked it will give a decisive flavor boost.
How to prepare the pumpkin and sausage pasta recipe
- First, peel the sausage and crumble it with your hands.
- Put it in a pan with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and let it cook over medium heat for about ten minutes, until it is well browned.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in abundant salted water for the time indicated on the package.
- Chop the onion with a knife and brown it in another pan with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Then add the peeled pumpkin , seeded and cut into half a centimeter cubes.
- Season with salt and pepper , season with sage and rosemary and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain the pasta and sauté it in a pan with the pumpkin, then add the sausage and spread on the plates, completing as desired with a sprinkling of pecorino .
Also try the classic pasta with pumpkin , perfect if you love strong flavors thanks to the smoky note of speck.
Pumpkin and sausage pasta can be kept in the refrigerator , in an airtight container, for 2-3 days. You can heat it either in a pan or in the microwave before consuming it.