The recipe for mushrooms and potatoes is a delicious side dish with a flavor of the forest in autumn. Let’s find out the recipe what to combine them with.
The combination of mushrooms and potatoes is really excellent and goes wonderfully with meat: let’s find out together how to make this delicious side dish and amaze your sweet tooth . The mushroom and potato recipe is very easy to make, with some simple ingredients that you will find in your local supermarket. We present everything you need to cook the dish.
Preparation of the recipe of mushrooms with potatoes
- The first thing to do to cook an excellent dish of potatoes and porcini mushrooms is to boil the potatoes, after having carefully peeled them.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into cubes and leave them to soak in a basin of cold water, changing them at least three times, in order to remove the excess starch .
- Drop the potatoes into the boiling water and cook for 15 minutes .
- Take the potato cubes back and add them to the pan in which you have melted the butter.
- Cook over low heat.
- Clean the porcini mushrooms with a clean cloth and cut them into slices, then add them to the pan.
- Cook until all the ingredients are soft and creamy, salt and pepper. Remember to always use the low heat, and to close the pan with the lid, so that the vegetables release their natural water that will mix all the mixture.
- As a final touch, add a handful of fresh herbs such as thyme, marjoram and fresh basil.
Here is an excellent dish based on potatoes and porcini mushrooms, to be accompanied as a side dish to a meat dish such as jugged wild boar . If you love basic ingredients, we recommend that you also try our other mushroom recipes .
Primo Chef’s pairing suggestions
The dish goes wonderfully with mountain main courses, such as roe deer, hare, wild boar, game and game in general. In addition, they are a tasty side dish for grilled meats and grilled meats . To top it all off, serve a glass of full-bodied red wine, with a round taste, like a Tuscan Chianti.
The side dish of porcini mushrooms and potatoes also goes very well with polenta, in the sliced soda version, or in the creamy version. This dish is also very popular with children and is a great way to introduce them to the consumption of vegetables.
Once cooked, the mushroom and potato dish can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for a maximum of 2 days . Alternatively, you can freeze it in the freezer.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison