The Parisian dumplings are a simple but delicious first course that is also well suited to being prepared in advance.
Again a culinary quarrel between neighbors: Italy and France. This time at the center of the dispute are the Parisian gnocchi, a tasty first course where the gnocchi are prepared with a dough similar to choux pastry, cooked in water and then drowned in a cheese sauce before being baked again. But we were talking about their origin: it seems in fact that at the expense of the name, they were prepared for the first time in Florence at the court of Lorenzo the Magnificent.
What matters is that the au gratin Parisian dumplings are ideal if you are looking for a first course to prepare in advance and bake just before setting out at the table. This way you can enjoy the evening without worrying about spending too much time in the kitchen. Great right?
How to prepare the Parisian gnocchi recipe
- First, heat 300 ml of milk with 50 g of butter and a pinch of salt .
- Once it comes to a boil, pour 110 g of flour and stir vigorously until the dough begins to come off the edges.
- Season with 60 g of Parmesan and start adding the egg yolks , one at a time, waiting for the previous one to be absorbed before continuing.
- Let it all cool down and in the meantime dedicate yourself to the bechamel sauce. In a small pan melt the remaining butter , add the two tablespoons of flour and cook until it becomes hazelnut.
- Add the milk , a pinch of salt and a grated nutmeg and mix with a whisk. Cook until the béchamel has thickened.
- While it is still hot, add the grated gruyere cheese with the grater with large holes and the parmesan .
- Now prepare the gnocchi: bring a large pot full of salted water to the boil and, with the help of two spoons, drop small portions of dough. You can also help yourself with a pastry bag with a smooth nozzle.
- As soon as they come to the surface, drain them with a slotted spoon and toss with the cheese béchamel .
- Transfer to a pan suitable for cooking in the oven, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake at 200 ° C for 15 minutes in grill mode.
Parisian gnocchi with the Thermomix
- First prepare the dressing sauce. Put 50 g of butter , 2 tablespoons of flour and 250 ml of milk in the jug and cook for 25 min. 90 ° C speed 2.
- Then add a pinch of salt , one of nutmeg and mix 10 sec. speed 3.
- Incorporate 60 g of Parmesan cheese and grated Gruyere cheese with the grater with large holes and melt 1 min. speed 4.
- Pour the sauce into a pan suitable for cooking in the oven, rinse the jug and prepare the gnocchi.
- Put the remaining milk and butter in the jug together with a pinch of salt and cook for 5 min. 100 ° C speed Soft.
- Add the flour and continue cooking for 2 min. 100 ° C speed 4.
- Enrich the dough with the Parmesan cheese then start incorporating the egg yolks from the oven on the cap by setting speed. 4. Join them one at a time waiting for the previous one to be absorbed before continuing.
- Once the dough is warm, with the help of two teaspoons, drop small portions into a pot full of boiling salted water.
- As they come to the surface, drain and transfer them to the pan with the cheese béchamel.
- Mix well, cover with the remaining Parmesan and gratin at 200 ° C for 15 minutes.
What do you think of this recipe? We recommend that you also take a look at the other gnocchi recipes because you will surely find some ideas to bring to the table.
The Parisian gnocchi can be stored for half a day out of the refrigerator waiting to be cooked. Once ready, however, after being baked, you can keep them in the refrigerator and consume them within 2-3 days, heating them in the oven, in a pan or in the microwave.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
To the north of Italy with the delicious Piedmontese mixed fried fish!
Suitable as a main course or as a single dish, this is what must not be missing in the original...
Vegan and sugar-free chestnuts: the recipe for everyone
The vegan and sugar-free castagnaccio is a reinterpretation of the traditional recipe that makes this dessert suitable for everyone and...
Respiratory insufficiency: how to recognize it and what to do when it occurs
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is unable to maintain the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing the...
Christmas appetizers: the best recipes to bring to the table during the holidays
Delicious Christmas appetizers? Meat, fish, vegetables, hot and cold, we have something for all tastes: here are the recipes for...
Mulled wine, the super fragrant drink that warms up the coldest days
Ingredients and recipe for mulled wine, a very easy drink to make, very fragrant and perfect to serve on the...
Fashion1 week ago
The trends of summer 2022 that will be impossible to resist: fashion revival, bright colors and romantic laces
Fashion1 week ago
Old Money Style: the look of the American way of life goes crazy on Tik Tok
Health1 week ago
Cholinergic urticaria: what it is, how to recognize it and how to treat it
Recipes1 week ago
Homemade, fragrant and delicious: but it’s the olive bread!