Spaghetti alla Turiddu is a perfect first course when you don’t know what to cook for dinner and you have very little time. Here is the recipe.
A plate of pasta is perfect to feed the family, even when you have little time to devote to dinner. To prepare a sauce that is not at all banal and full of flavor, we recommend trying spaghetti alla Turiddu, a quick and easy first course in which the sauce is prepared exactly during the cooking time of the pasta.
If you add to this the fact that the ingredients that make up this Sicilian pasta specialty are already present in your pantries, then that’s it. Just peeled tomatoes (or chopped tomatoes), black olives and oregano , as well as garlic and chilli. Let’s see all the steps together.
How to prepare Turiddu pasta with the original Sicilian recipe
- First, cook the pasta in abundant salted water for the time indicated on the package. Spaghetti is the ideal format, but you can use whatever you prefer.
- In a pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil with the clove of garlic and the chilli .
- Then add the crushed tomatoes with a fork and a pinch of salt and cook for 10 minutes .
- Meanwhile, add the black olives cut into rings and a teaspoon of dried oregano .
- Once the pasta is ready, drain and toss in the pan with the sauce, stirring if needed with a little cooking water.
- Spread over the plates and complete as desired with a sprinkling of pecorino cheese .
Pasta alla Turiddu is ready to be tasted and if you are looking for another typical Sicilian recipe we suggest you also try the amazing pasta alla carrettiera .
Turiddu spaghetti can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days , well covered with film or inside an airtight container. When it is time to consume them, you can heat them in a pan or in the microwave.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...