Pasta with peppers and gorgonzola is a first course with an enveloping and creamy taste, perfect for making the most of one of the seasonal vegetables.
How about a good pasta dish with peppers and gorgonzola? Today’s recipe is ideal for those who love tasty dishes that are easy to prepare at the same time. In this case, in fact, all you have to do is cook the peppers in a pan with the onion. Then after having blended them you have to melt the gorgonzola in a pan with the pepper cream. So here is a mouth- watering condiment, ready in just a few steps!
Preparation of the pasta with cream of peppers and gorgonzola
- Peel the onion, chop finely then wash the peppers, remove the cores, seeds and white filaments. Cut the peppers into cubes.
- Brown the onion in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil. When the onion is golden brown, add the peppers, brown for 5 minutes then lower the heat, pour half a glass of hot water or vegetable broth. Cover with the lid and cook for 10 minutes. After this time, remove the lid and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Blend the cooked peppers to obtain a homogeneous puree .
- Put the pepper puree in a pan again, add the gorgonzola flakes, put it on the stove and melt the cheese over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in salted water.
- When cooked, drain the pasta, quickly put it in a pan with the pepper cream and serve immediately.
A few more ideas : if you don’t like gorgonzola you can replace it with spreadable cheese of your choice or robiola. Another dish to try? Do not miss all our recipes with peppers !
Keep this simple and tasty first course in the fridge, inside an airtight container for about 2 days .