If there is a dessert that everyone can agree on, this is the pasticciotto cake. Here’s how it is prepared with the original Apulian recipe.
The pasticciotti have now entered the hearts of all of us with their shortcrust pastry wrapping and a delicious filling based on custard and sour cherries in syrup. They are good to the point that the idea of creating a maxi version seemed brilliant to us and this is how the pasticciotto cake was born. The ingredients are in fact the same as the traditional dessert, while the appearance is reminiscent of a classic closed tart .
The Lecce pasticciotto cake with the original recipe involves the use of shortcrust pastry with lard but if, for one reason or another, you don’t like it, then use your favorite recipe. The result will not undergo major changes and everyone will be happy to try your latest greedy creation.
How to prepare the pasticciotto cake recipe
- First of all, dedicate yourself to the shortcrust pastry . Combine the flour, lemon zest, sugar and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Add the chunks of cold lard and start kneading with your fingertips until you get a crumbled dough.
- Then incorporate the eggs and finish kneading. You will need to obtain a smooth and homogeneous dough by working it as little as possible. Then wrap it in plastic wrap and let it cool for an hour in the fridge.
- In the meantime, dedicate yourself to the custard . In a saucepan, heat the milk with the vanilla bean cut in half lengthwise.
- Separately, in a bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and corn starch.
- Once the milk has just touched the boil , pour it over the mixture, stirring with a whisk.
- Put everything back on the heat and cook over medium heat for about ten minutes, just long enough for it to thicken.
- Once ready, transfer the custard to cool in a large container (so it will take less time) and cover it with cling film .
- Now that both preparations are ready, all that remains is to assemble the cake. Divide the shortcrust pastry into two parts, one slightly larger than the other.
- Roll out the larger one to a thickness of half a centimeter and transfer it to a greased and floured tart pan of 24-26 cm in diameter .
- Remove excess edges.
- Pour the custard in the center (remember to remove the vanilla pod) and level it.
- Spread the cherries in syrup on the cream.
- Roll out the remaining pastry, always of the same thickness, and cover the cake sealing the contact points well .
- Then remove any excess edges.
- Bake the pasticciotto cake with cream and sour cherries at 170 ° C for 50 minutes .
Serve the dessert after it has completely cooled down and if you just can’t resist, prepare the classic pasticciotto from Lecce.
Pasticciotto cake with Thermomix
- Combine the sugar and lemon zest in the jug: 10 sec. speed 9.
- Add the eggs and mix 30 sec. speed 6.
- Finally, add the flour and lard and knead vel. Ear for 2 min.
- Transfer the dough to a pastry board, form a ball and let it rest wrapped in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Prepare the custard by putting the milk, egg yolks, corn starch, sugar and vanilla bean seeds in the jug and cook for 8 min. 90 ° C speed 4.
- Transfer the cream to a plate, cover it with cling film and let it cool.
- Roll out a little more than half of the pastry until it reaches a thickness of half a centimeter and transfer it to a buttered and floured pan measuring 24-26 cm in diameter .
- Pour the cream , level it and then distribute the black cherries.
- Roll out the remaining pastry and cover the cake , pressing well in the contact points and removing the excess edges.
- Bake the pasticciotto cake at 170 ° C for 50 minutes and let it cool completely before serving.
You can keep this easy and delicious dessert out of the refrigerator for up to one day . Besides it is better to store it in a cool place and bring it back to room temperature an hour before serving.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...
Have you ever heard of lemon salad?
If you are looking for a light side dish to accompany your richer main courses, the lemon salad is the...
Wheat: why it forms and how to fix it
The wheal is an allergic type manifestation typical of urticaria. Find out how it comes, what it depends on and...