How to prepare pastizzi di Malta, a delicious street food made with crunchy puff pastry and a salty ricotta filling.
Countries you go … street food you find! The paztizz or rather the pastizzi are a special of Maltese cuisine and a real street food . If you have never been to Malta and have never heard of this typical product until now, you should know that pastizz is nothing more than a sort of calzone made with crumbly dough, in this case puff pastry and characterized by a delicious filling. .
Generally Maltese pastizzi are stuffed with ricotta and parsley but there are many variations to be consumed strictly hot . Among the most classic fillings there is no shortage of minced meat, cheeses and eggs.
Preparation of ricotta pastizzi
- First of all, dedicate yourself to the preparation of the filling: shell two eggs in a large bowl, beat them with the help of a fork then add the ricotta, salt, pepper and the washed and chopped parsley.
- Mix well and temporarily set aside.
- Unroll the puff pastry and with the help of a pastry cutter or a cup cut out many discs with a diameter of at least 10 cm.
- Beat the egg and brush the edges of each disk with it.
- Stuffed with a teaspoon of ricotta filling and close by joining the edges.
- Place the bundles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush them with the remaining beaten egg.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for 30 minutes .
- When cooked, remove from the oven and let it cool before serving.
Alternatively you can prepare thesardenaira of Sanremo .
Pastizzi can be kept for about 1-2 days in the refrigerator, inside a food container with a special lid. If necessary, just heat them quickly in the oven. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
How to make stewed squid, a second course of amazing fish
Stewed squid is a simple but effective recipe, perfect for bringing a fragrant and inviting dish to the table. The...
Chronic myelomonocytic leukemia: what it is and how it is treated
Chronic myelomonocytic leukemia is one of the most common forms of leukemia. Let’s find out how to recognize it through...
Green tortillas stuffed with vegetables and mozzarella: really delicious!
Green tortillas stuffed with vegetables and mozzarella are a simple and tasty dish, suitable for all those who follow a...
Thyroid bonus 2022: what it is and how to get it
The 2022 thyroid bonus has just been released, an INPS contribution dedicated to people suffering from thyroid diseases. Those suffering...
Glutamate: what you should know before consuming it
Glutamate is a very present ingredient in the food industry. It is in fact able to give flavor to different...