Piadina, also called piada in the local dialect, is one of the great treasures of Italian cuisine. We offer you the original recipe of Massimo Bottura’s Romagna piadina.
Piadina is the typical street food that you can find in Romagna, it is like a tortilla, a pita or a naan, but not leavened. You can find it stuffed with salami, ham, cheese and rocket, fish, grilled sausage and caramelized onions and obviously mortadella: in short, you can indulge yourself with the filling without ever missing the winning combination.
Its origin dates back to the mists of time, in the Roman period a kind of piadina was eaten ante litteram, but this should not surprise you, after all the piadina is nothing more than a delicious, magical mixture of flour, water and lard. In Romagna this mixture has become something more, an art that we could say perfected.
Let’s see together how to prepare Massimo Bottura’s piadina from Romagna.
Preparation of Massimo Bottura’s Romagna piadina
- Take the flour, the lard, 2 pinches of bicarbonate (about 3 grams), 8 grams of salt and enough water. Mix all the ingredients and make a ball . Wrap it with plastic wrap and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Once rested, make small loaves of about 100 grams each.
- At this point, with a rolling pin, make discs with a diameter that can vary as desired from 4 to 8 centimeters.
- For cooking, use a non-stick pan and prick the flatbread with the prongs of the fork.
- Cook both sides for 30 seconds.
- For the filling : take a piece of lard to taste and chop it until you get a beat.
- Wash the rosemary and take only the leaves.
- Peel a couple of cloves of garlic, removing the central part.
- Finely chop the garlic and rosemary on a cutting board, making a paste as uniform as possible.
- Mix this shredded pasta with the lard and add the pepper, mixing well.
- When your piadina is ready, spread this mixture on one side of the piadina.
- Grate the Parmesan cheese on the beaten which is melting on the hot piadina.
- Cut the piadina in four and serve lukewarm.
What do you think of this proposal? The piadina recipe is exactly the classic Romagna one, but the filling is a completely different story conceived by the famous chef from Modena, Massimo Bottura .
The uncooked piadina dough can be kept in the fridge for a couple of days. The piadina already cooked and seasoned is advisable to consume it immediately and lukewarm.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Hairstyles for 18 years: some ideas to draw inspiration from
Some nice and quick ideas for the easiest and most beautiful 18 year old hairstyles to wear. Coming of age...
Tiramisu without mascarpone: if you haven’t tasted it yet, you are in time to fix it
The recipe for tiramisu without mascarpone is an alternative to the more classic spoon dessert, here's how to prepare it!...
Shorts know no age and can be worn without worries even at 50
Like love, shorts have no age and are worn even at 50, focusing on the right models. Who said that...
Tasty pumpkin and speck pasta: the first dish of autumn
Do you want delicious first courses? Pasta with pumpkin and speck is the one for you! Here's how to prepare...
Sarcopenia, what it is: symptoms and treatment of the disease
What is sarcopenia? Pathology involving the muscular system, involves a gradual loss of autonomy: symptoms and causes. Sarcopenia is a...
Health1 week ago
Nervous breakdown: how to recognize it and what to do
Fashion1 week ago
Wedding shoes like sparkling: here are the inspo and low cost jewel models
Fashion1 week ago
Ode to the maxi dress of summer 2022, a mix and match of elegance and comfort
Beauty1 week ago
Lip contour: what are the most effective creams and serums?